View Single Post
Old 03-21-2015, 12:33 PM   #14
bushpilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDERUSONE View Post
Don, how tall is your's? I'm 13'5" to my ac's. I am still blown away by your milage (which I think is freaking awesome!) If your true combined is 8.5mpg at an avg of 32k#'s and mine is 6 to 6.5mpg at a minimum of 50k#'s to 60k#'s. I guess it's not a big mystery.....more like common sense.
im not quite as tall as you are - iirc I'm 13'1 to the top of the air conditioners...
had to check my "stickers" to be certain & i may measure it again - just to confirm.

your 13'5" would make me nervous as hell - supposedly the max height (for tractor trailers) is 13'6" and I've been under some interstate bridges (on the oklahoma turnpike) that were 13'6"

My mpg is good - certainly puts me in a tolerable range when you consider what pickup trucks pulling 5er's can get.
if I'm really pushing it - hitting 80 (and towing the race car/trailer) the mpg can suffer into the high 7's or 8.0 mpg....the "round town" stuff kills us...we have a local state park we light to go to & that trip doesnt allow me to really get the coach rolling / stretching its legs...which sometimes puts us in (what i consider) dismal range of 6.5 mpg
bushpilot is offline   Reply With Quote