Thread: New Here
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2015, 11:06 AM   #28
Mntom

I THOUGHT I found a truck..... This truck was listed on Craigslist for $6512 2004 Freightliner Columbia evsgwsa gera ageas I sent tho "owner" a text asking about it. Here is the first e-mail I got about it
Quote:
Hello there,
Glad you are one of the people interested in buying my Freightliner. I'm selling it because I'm serving in Offutt AFB, Nebraska but I was promoted and transferred to Elmendorf AFB in Anchorage Alaska for a 3 years period, so I don't need it anymore at this time. Let me give you a few details about it: very good shape, no mechanical issues,no scratches or dents and it has never been involved in any kind of accidents. Has only 327,868 miles, its manual, with an 12.7L L6 Diesel Detroit engine,red exterior and gray interior. Not interested in a trade and my final price is $6,500. I have a clear title, free of any liens or loans on it, under my name. Also, I've attached you some more pictures with the heavy truck in this email.
If you are interested in buying it or if you have any questions, please reply to this email.

Thanks,
CMSgt Linda G. Mayers
I then questioned where the tractor was since the ad says it is in Eveleth, Mn. and the phone number is from Tennessee, and she is in Nebraska. Here is the response to that
Quote:
I will do my best to walk you through the process. As I told you in my first email, I recently got promoted and transferred to Elmendorf AFB in Anchorage Alaska for 3 years. The heavy truck is located in Omaha, Nebraska, but I advertised it on other states also to get more exposure and sell it faster. The heavy truck is already at the shipping company, ready to be delivered to its future new owner. The deal is handled by eBay so I don't have much to do about it. Using eBay`s Buyer Protection Program, you get free delivery, at your place in 3 days. In addition, you get 5 days to try it out before buying it, and if you don't like it, you can send it back at my expense. If you wish to proceed just send me an email with your full name (for the bill of sale), a delivery address and a phone # where you can be reached and I will forward them to eBay and they will send you the invoice with all of the transaction details.

Thanks,
CMSgt Linda G. Mayers
I also googled the name on the side of the truck and the company is out of Missouri. They have ONE truck and do not even own any. Also the 'company' was started April of 2014. http://www.quicktransportsolutions.c...ot-2322196.php
Ya think it's legit??