View Single Post
Old 07-08-2014, 02:12 PM   #114
hot rod

I know from where you are coming. It seems like all I did was plan wiring and my project was way smaller than yours. After we did the structure and before and wood or aluminum was in I had wires pulled and running around and hanging all over the place and I still forgot a thing or 3. I made the decision to add a camera on the back of the truck to see the fifth wheel for hooking up and for a rear view when empty after I already had the walls in, and now I'm trying to figure out how to run the cable to where I want it. Fun, fun.

My suggestion when starting from scratch is that if you are pulling a bundle of wires from the dash back to the coach, or from your electrical panel to another hard to get to area, just add an extra wire or two to the bundle and leave them unhooked and mark each end. It's no harder to pull 4 wires than 3. That way when you inevitably find that thing you forgot to wire at least the hard part of routing the wire is already done. That has saved me more than once. Or if you think you might add something later, just run the wire anyway and it is there if you need it. You aren't out much, and it can save a bunch of trouble later. Sounds like you are already past that point on your project though.
hot rod is offline   Reply With Quote