View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013, 08:09 AM   #31
RLPRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasFocus18 View Post
Did you happen to calculate how much weight you are adding? I want to build this almost identical on the smaller GVW chassis. My trailer is 30' with RV tounge so I need my truck to be 34' max length. Are you opening up passage between cab and box?
I have no idea how heavy this will be but its a freaking lot. The frame work is way more than a standard RV. A friends of ours RV was in a fire last week. All that was left was the main chassis. No steel frame work in the sides or top. The cabinets we are using will be Kraftmaid for home use which will weigh more than RV type stuff.
I gave up on being legal length. We will be around 75 ft. when we are pulling our main race car trailer. We will be 63ft when we use it for vacations and take the 24ft trailer with the street car in it.
Yes, we cut a pass through hole in the cab. We ended up with more gap between the two so we had to use the wide accordion boot. I had all ready ordered the 3.5" so if you need it, I'll make you a deal on 20' I have. We are leaving the cab air ride which causes a bit of an alignment problem. We have it with the cab slightly higher on both top and bottom so if it looses air, it will not fall enough to pull the boot off.
Attached Thumbnails
20131103_125425.jpg   20131103_143810.jpg  
RLPRACING is offline   Reply With Quote