View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 07:12 PM   #30
MURPHY

Sorry for the lack of updates. We took the truck on a 6,000 mile shake down run to California and back. Even though it is not torally finished it is an awesome way to travel. We towed my 24' aluminum trailer with 2 quads 2utv's and 2 dirt bikes and put my Rock buggy in the truck. The entire mess was 72' long. I never weighed the entire combo but the loaded truck minus trailer was just over 26,000#. We were bucking headwinds and likely driving a bit too fast for prime efficiency so we got horrible fuel economy ( between 6 and 7 mpg). The only real issue we had was the fuel gauge stuck at 1/8 and we ran out of fuel in Missouri. We lucked out and a road side service company was at out side in under 20 min and had us going quickly. All in it cost is $10 dollars a gallon for 20 gallons of fuel so it wasn't too bad

The return trip was flawless. We ran the truck at 68 mpg which put the engine at peak efficiency (1600 rpm) and we managed to get between 9.5 and 10.2 mpg over 3000 miles. That is better than my duramax pickup loaded
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
MURPHY is offline   Reply With Quote