View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 11:45 PM   #16
#90-GTSC

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-350 Explorer View Post
I once delivered a 43 foot KZ Inferno tri-axle toy hauler, every available option. Got to the dealer and the salesman tells me a 56 year old guy bought it and is going to tow it with a Dodge 2500! Single rear wheel!
I said tell him good luck with that, lol.
Should be criminal.

When I bought my race car in 2005 I needed to find something to haul it in. Never owned a trailer before. Went to Muellers Sales and Service in Random Lake (WI). Talked to Jerry Mueller (he and his brother had raced in ARCA as well as NASCAR Cup and Trucks and knew what it took to haul a 3400# race car). Told him I wanted a buy a Chevy Tahoe and a 20' enclosed trailer. He told me I needed a 24' trailer because 20' would fit just the car and no "stuff" and I'd need "stuff" to go racing. He also old me whether I bought a 20' or 24' trailer he would NOT sell me a Tahoe to pull it; too short, too small. Trailer in the wind would wander all over the road. Said I needed a Suburban or a Pickup.

Jerry was right. I certainly wouldn't go with any bigger trailer without a larger truck.
Started looking for 379 Peterbilt TC, 24' to 30' box, bumper pull--but ended up w/1999 Liberty Coach conversion of 45' Prevost XLV bus. 1,000sf heated/AC'd race shop w/dump station, 50amp shore pwr where bus parks, 3 NASCAR/ARCA race cars & 26' Bravo trailer.
#90-GTSC is offline   Reply With Quote