Thread: Toad Ready...
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 09:37 PM   #8
bushpilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob86ZZ4 View Post
Looks great, Don. I like the color matching too. Do you use a tire pressure monitor? I bought a "Pressure Pro" system a couple of years ago at the HDT rally and I like how it has the capability to also monitor my trailer. Might be a good idea since you probably wouldn't feel a tire going flat on that Jeep while driving the truck. Isn't it fun fabbing up your own stuff and getting it to work better and look better than some off the shelf stuff?
we just bought and (partially) installed the TST system. we selected the 507 system (w/ replaceable batteries) - I didnt buy the 4 extra sensors (for the dinghy)...YET...I wanted to become familiar w/ the system 1st and I'm not as worried about the jeep tires (since its brand new & has great tread).

I like the TST system - its interesting to see the pressure and the temp changes of each. We spent the weekend in Palmetto State Park (Tx) and put another 400 miles on the Coach (and jeep).

Interestingly enough after our trip home, I was dumping & rinsing our tanks and discovered the tires on the outside (exposed to the sun) reached 137* (f)....something i hadnt ever really considered before (they never got that hot the entire interstate run (and it was 100* when we left on friday).

Eventually I'll be adding sensors to the jeep...but w/ TWO back up cameras (one mounted low w/ a full hitch view & the other mounted high for a full view of traffic & the jeep) i think im ok (for now).

now all i need are some recommendations for VALVE extenders so i can get the sensors on the inside rear tires
bushpilot is offline   Reply With Quote