View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 03:45 PM   #51
AKat777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ran D. St. Clair View Post
Most electric blankets are not made for use as mattress pads. The heating element wires will break, and/or the wires are too widely spaced and get too hot and can burn you or start a fire. If it works, great, but I would bet the manufacturers documentation specifically warns against doing it.
OK, I am callin the ICC to report a hijacked thread...

I have just about decided on the Insolet. No pump outs is nice, no black tanks is nicer (more room for storage boxes). Only worry I still have is someone mentioned the liners not working the way they should.

I asked this previously, didnt get too many replies. Outside of space considerations, is there any reason not to use a regular household 20 gallon water heater? I know it will take awhile to heat up, not overly worried about that. Has to be on it's own 20amp circut, not worried about that either. I have the space under the counter for it, so not an issue there either. I think I will make a little spring platform for it, to cushion the road. Other than that, I cannot think of a single reason not to use it.
AKat777 is offline   Reply With Quote