View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 09:30 PM   #21
blizzardND

My Rumrunner has a full set of seatbelts, everyone belts up when we roll down the road. I inspected the welds on the sqtube walls and roof, and My cab was weled direcly to the box. everything was built as one, no way for the box to rip away from the frame.

Nothing will bring back these family members, no consoling that young man will ever calm the hurt in his heart.

As much as it pains me to ask for more regulation, if anything good comes out of this, is.. a RV license like a sport pilot license. It would be required that you drive, back and show that you can inspect your rig prior to travel. It would also allow for recreational hobby enterprise such as motor racing and horse shows that pay cash prizes. Full time race drivers like NASCAR Transports and anyone getting paid to drive the truck, would be considered a commercial driver, and the truck would be required a separate set of rules. If it was found during an accident that the driver was a professional and the DOT rules were not followed he should be prosecuted. But those rules are too onerous for the weekend warrior racer , Horse-showman Rodeo Cowboy or Carshow participant.

Id really like to see Racing Junk and the major Conversion truck companies sponsor a forum such as this, for the end users of their products. It would be great to have a professionally designed site with safety, state laws etc. for everyone involved to learn from.

My Prayers for the young driver and his family.