View Single Post
Old 07-24-2003, 11:38 AM   #12
Junk Man

What makes me mad, is that they are harassing guys that are trying to pull with a safer rig, but ignore the fools out there pulling 30'+ trailers, plus a boat behind, with 1/2 ton trucks that are grossly overloaded.

Living in the Black Hills, I see these kind of rigs almost every day in the summer, and wonder how some of them even make it out here. I was behind a 1/2 ton van the other day, that was loaded so heavy that the back bumper was almost dragging on the ground. It had a hugh bunkhouse type 30"+ trailer on the back, and was barely doing 50mph down the interstate.

And before anyone looks at my signature, and says that I have a lot of room to talk (I pull with a 3/4 ton), I have weighed my rig fully loadeds and ready to camp, and it weighs in about 500 pounds under my combined max gross weight, and there is plenty of room left on each of the axels..

Of course, this is why I want a larger tow rig, so I can safely pull my rig, and not have to worry about being over loaded because I added a few extra groceries and such to my normal load.

Jeff in South Dakota
1995 Ford F-250 4X4 PSD
1992 Skamper Slide in camper
1984 Holiday Rambler 5er
1979 Mercedes Benz Unimog
Junk Man is offline   Reply With Quote