View Single Post
Old 09-19-2006, 04:49 PM   #11
BravestDog

OK gentlemen, here's the latest on the graffiti removing.

I went to the local flea market and found myself a small can of Lacquer Thinner. The ingredients contain toloule or something spelled similar...

I put on rubber chemical gloves, put an ample amount of the liquid on a cotton towel, lightly rubbed the affected area and presto-chango...the spray paint came off in seconds. As you wipe it, the removed paint smears so you just keep flipping the towel to a fresh area and keep wiping.

I folded the towel into small sections, approx 4x4" and kept using the fresh area of the towel otherwise you end up smearing the removed paint all over. You use it like cleaning with a sponge.

Anyway, it worked very easy, hardly any rubbing. Just let the chemicals do the work and you sort of just clean things by wiping...

As of now, the paint on my truck has not been affected.

I wore rubber gloves and did it outside with ventilation. Lacquer thinner is a toxic liquid and flammable so be careful with it. Wear a respirator or use a fan if indoors.
"I have marveled often at the thin line that divides success from failure and the sudden turn that leads from apparently certain disaster to comparative safety." Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic Explorer, Sea and Land, 1874-1922.
BravestDog is offline   Reply With Quote