Thread: Purchase Advice
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2007, 08:43 AM   #13
TransportDesigns

Hi Bill, I am glad to see that this site is back up. Over the years I've read some of the articles with interest and replied only rarely. It seems that there were (an likely still are) a number of members representing manufacturers hiding "behind the curtains". I for one want to put everything out in the open and challenge all the other manufacturers and manufacturer reps to register using their company name. I'd like to see it, but I am doubtful as the Internet allows for a incredible amount of secrecy and hence deception.

With regard to Alan (Dr. Fun) - he is a customer of ours. His motorhome can be seen on our website and if you'll email me, I'd be glad to link you the pictures. I like customers like Alan as he researched thoroughly before buying - even visiting the factory - which I am encouraging ALL buyers to do before spending the huge sums of money required to purchase these rigs. Even a used conversion should be researched thoroughly and a visit to the factory will educate you way beyond what a salesman or literature will tell you. We happen to have a regional airport right behind our factory and many of the manufacturers are easy access to the interstate highway system.

Some people will research a coffee maker more than they will a custom motorhome. Checking this website is only a start, but call the manufacturers (not the dealers) and ask about the problems reported on this blog and use your common sense to ascertain whether you're getting an answer to your concerns or not. Every manufacturer has had problems of one sort or another, but the better manufacturers will either be able to explain how they've solved the problem or how they a planning to.

Bashing the competition says nothing to the educated. It is better to make your product look good by simply making a better product, not degrading the competition. With the former the manufacturer is doing something positive to improve their product over their competition, the latter maintains the same product (going nowhere in the positive direction) while trying to make the competition "appear" inferior.
TransportDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote