View Single Post
Old 06-03-2003, 10:15 PM   #8
geof

Jeff-Showhauler uses a aluminized bubble wrap material....a neighbor that works for our local uility, that is an engineer working on insulation/heat/cold transfer problems, told me that it didn't have a very long life because of abrasion inside a cavity on a moving vehicle....and it was his opinion that polyisocynate was the way to go-best sprayed on. If not, that glued in place and the gaps filled with spray can foam was the way to go....that is how I have re-done my Airstream....I'm assuming you are talking about filling the hat chanels or the tubing...to increase the "R" value....I would if I was doing the retro....but them again I don't have a big labor expense as I use my office worker to do this work-as she needs income[cash] because she is a single mom. I guess the best way to go is fill the cavitys-the hat channels and insulate the face before applying the interior material.... therefore minimizing the transfer which would be only through the fasteners....what do you other guys think?....I can ask my neighbor about what you describe within 2 days....He has been a tremendous source of knowledge and experience as I have a super-insulated house so heat and cooling costs are cheap....geof
geof is offline   Reply With Quote