Thread: Purchase Advice
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2005, 08:59 PM   #3
5erFool (John)

I was looking in your post for the most important item..PRICE... If price is not a consideration it puts you into a different class than if it does matter.... Anderson Mobile Estates is in the top line IMHO... starting in the 2-3 million dollar range and then you can go to a few of the mom/pop converters on the other end of the range..Are you wanting to get both units from the same manufacturer?? a particular portion of the country?? Do you want a particular conctruction material to be used?? everything from FRP to total aluminum to tubular steel etc is available.. how about insulation.. are you going to be in extremes of weather?? The question of service on the road is the only one that seems to be easy to answer... all of the HDT conversions are readily serviced on the road as the OTR truckers require 24/7 servicability.. (of coarse some will argue that the companies that use their own engines have less availability of parts) especially compared to the bus style motorhomes...Butler motorcoach Butler is probably one of the better middle priced manufacturers that is willing to talk "outside the proverbial box", a bit higher priced is the Kingsley coach Kingsley
there are literally dozens of other manufacturers out there all over the country.. I have personally visited 7 of them from Minneapoolis to Nashville to norhern Indiana.. we have been investigating for nearly 5 years.. good luck buying in thirty days. the lead time is usually quite a while. If you look at the posts from our administrator (warpath) you will get a GOOD idea of the process involved... there are MANY prebuilt units available at Racing Junk racingjunk If I can offer any assistance just ask.. I don't own one yet but I am committed... or should that be "need to be committed"

This site and the Escapees Forum escapees forum have been chocked full of wonderful and helpful people that love this transportation segment.
Good Luck
John
5erFool (John) is offline   Reply With Quote