View Single Post
Old 06-22-2005, 07:26 PM   #25
cjc

Here's another, don't do this. Occasionally, the manufacturer will authorize you to have a warranty repair done by a shop of your choosing to save you the inconvenience of driving hundreds or in my case over 1000 miles away to have the factory take care of the problem. So, you take the truck to somebody close by and have the work done and the manufacturer pays that shop and there's no cash laid out of your pocket. You walk away happy. Now, if something goes wrong with that repair in the future, even if the third party repair shop did the job correctly, who do you think the manufacturer tells you to go back to with your complaint? Yeah, that's right, go see the guy who fixed it before. The manufacturer gave up responsibility for that particular item when he authorized the third party to fix it. In my case, the guy who I had a repair done by, retired and shut the door to his business. Even if the guy was still in business, do you think he's going to fix it again without giving you grief? In some cases, maybe yes, but mostly, he's not going to take the responsibility. Another lesson learned.
cjc is offline   Reply With Quote