View Single Post
Old 11-08-2005, 06:14 AM   #7
Elburn Bill

It looks to be an exact duplicate of Doug's (the owner of Powerhouse) except for the colors.

Also hate to burst Doug's bubble but Kingsley had installed 6 of these stinger lifts back in the late 90's. With the stinger you can back up with a car/truck hooked up since it has no front pivot point like a tow bar would. At the Tampa RV Show this past Jan I watched Doug hook up his Tracker to it and then back up for 60' or so.

Also at that show I watched him try to set up the stairs. He was having problems with the ground being unlevel and the stairs not being able to extend fully which caused only 75% or so of the stair treads to be usable. How do you get out of the coach when you pull into a truck stop to fuel up if you are in the back? The only way is to climb over the front seats or use this monster staircase, which I believe are manual. I still prefer the traditional lower stairwell with a 2 step powered step.

The bodies are built by Teton (I was with Doug when we stopped at the Teton booth and he talked to his rep). I didn't like the way the cab to box transition was handled. All he does it flare out the cab and tuck the box in behind it...you can actually slide your hand in between the two just like on the Showhauler, Renegade, etc. I think only Kingsley and DynaMax actually blend the cab and the box together.

The length doesn't bother most of his customers since they live in the West or Southwest where there is plenty of space. Kingsley has built several 50'+ coaches also. I know of one that is 58' and he pulled a 30' trailer behind him. I also have pics and floorplans of 2 other 58' that they have built. These are BIG coaches and I would not want to have to drive them at all.