View Single Post
Old 10-26-2005, 04:33 PM   #7
Elburn Bill

Quote:
Originally posted by BravestDog:
Comments?

The floor plan shows 4 seats in the sleeper and two in the cockpit. Sort of a cool seating arrangement while driving on the road but it seems to limit the seating when stopped?

Are the windows in the bunk sleeping area designed as escape windows?

Nice headlights, small rear bumper.

How does a 13 speed auto transmission work? Does it shift through all the gears or do you skip shift...?
Actually those four extra chairs all swivel and there is a table that can be inserted in the "pathway" to form a second dining table or a meeting area. We used it all the time since we are a family of six and frequently travelled with my parents so we needed all the dining seating we could find.

The rear bunk windows are not "escape" windows but in a piinch it would be very easy to punch them ot with a swift kick. There are large escape windows on either side of the rear bedroom.

Headlights are stock and the rear "bumper" is only to add a flash of chrome back there. There is no substance to it since it is only made of bent polished stainless. On my next one I am not doing anything back there except paint.

It is actually a 12 spd. It shifts completely on it's own. It will skipt shift both up and down as many as 3 gears at a time. For example, when pulling away from a stop it starts in 1 jumps to 4 and then to 7 and then usually 10 then 11 and then 12. It is programmed to work seamlessly with the jake brake on any of it's 3 settings. You can also place the tranny in manu-matic mode which allows you to have control of the shifts (just toggle the paddle up or down) but prevents you from making the wrong decision (i.e. dropping it into 1st while driving at 65 mph). It also has 2 reverse gears (i.e. high and low). I wouldn't get another conversion without this tranny!