View Single Post
Old 10-28-2005, 05:36 AM   #11
Wick

" Although it's impossible to truly replicate a Florida tropical rain, I've tried to and found that water can intrude through the air conditioner by a means OTHER THAN the gasket. Where it is getting in is a mystery except for the fact that it doesn't appear to be from the gasket. The only time it happens is when the coach is leveled out and the a/c is on and blowing. Any ideas? A big help would be if the truck conversion company made a crowned roof rather than a flat one. "

CJC,
I had a a 2003 Showhauler that leaked water thru the A/C vents the same as you describe. We were parked with the units on and a storm came up with gusting winds and horizontal rain. The water leaked in thru the vents. After talking to Lonnie and trying to duplicate the leak at my shop using a pressure washer I found that I could not make it do the same thing. We never had it leak again but I found that when we leveled the coach using the hydraulic levelers on uneven ground, that the coach would flex enough to open a gap in one of the joints at the roof line. We resealed that and made sure that I did not try to level it when it wanted to pick up the whole coach.

On another point, We have had "RV's"for a long time. Our first was a 5th wheel horse trailer that we converted ourselves. We did the interior and installed the cabinets and the appliances. (I'll never "do-it-myself" again)
We had some issues with the trailer and the stuff we put in. When we bought our 1st 5th wheel camper we bought a top of the line unit and still had several warranty claims. Then on to the first motorhome....a 1998 Fleetwood Pace Arrow. After 36 trips to Ford for a chassis vibration and none of them fixing the problem we dumped it in favor of a new Monaco. We still incurred some warranty issues, some of which they said needed to come back to the factory for repair. After explainging to them that I would be capable of the repairs myself they paid me for them and we took care of them. We then moved into the 2003 Showhauler. We had a couple of warranty issues early on and one that caused us to stop by the factory for a brief time. While we were there they treated us as if we were the only customer that they had. They took care of us quickly and effeciently and even repaired a lower panel that a piece of road debris had damaged. All at no cost except our time and travel. When I sold the Coach the new owner found that while on his way home the gas heat did not work. We had never even used it. Lonnie told him to stop by and they would look at it. It was after hours when he got there and they replaced the curcuit board at no charge. When we bought the 2006 Showhauler, I had a couple things that delayed our departure from the factory, once again after regular hours. Since then we have only had a generator failure and satellite issue. Both taken care of by the respective companies ( with lonnie's guidance) in a fast and effecient manner.
So as you can see, no matter who built it you will experience some issues. As the purchaser of an RV you know in advance that some things may require you to take it back to the factory for repair. That is part of the expeience. Most of the time you can have anything taken care of locally. Overall I would say that my experience with Showhauler will keep me a Showhauler customer for life.

Wick
Wick is offline   Reply With Quote