View Single Post
Old 09-29-2005, 09:40 AM   #25
WalliK

Hi Jimm

i remember your rig when it was originally posted (I think ebay) for sale. Looks like you have pretty good idea on how to change it. Please post pics after your done.

These combinations you are decribing with bedroom over part of garage are actually getting more common. I have seen some used ones and right now Becks Marine has 2 new ones for sale.

http://www.becksmarine.com/Motorhome...thGarIndex.htm

They also have lots of pics that gives you good idea on how high the bedroom over the garage still is.

These conversions have straight roof, Wildside LLC has pretty much all theirs with the raised roof in the rear, thats whay asked about them in my thread. (Not to hijack yours, prof)

And now guys, forgive me for a totally crazy idea. Last year in AZ, near Quarzsite, I have seen a class 8 conversion, that did not have the bunk over the cab. Instead he had a rack with 2 ATV over the cab. Cab length about 10ft, ATV about 7 to 8 ft. He had a david to lift the ATV on top of his cab, sort of like may people have for their sea-doos over their boat. Pretty cool idea, cause the cabover bunk is hardly usable anyway.
Now, we also know that car haulers usually have one car sitting right over their cab, very often also extending to the front beyond the hood.
What if there was a way to lift (a very small) car on top of your cab and transport it up there?
I know, I know, ...front axle weight, how to lift it up there as I cant drive it over the box from behind, aerodynamics, safety.. and so on.

Well, Randy Buttler, got any ideas on this one?

Walter
WalliK is offline   Reply With Quote