View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 02:30 PM   #2
blizzardND

Welcome to the forum.

There are a few guys that have done what you have planned, the trailers get heavy, but you will have enough truck to pull them. The truck will remain titled as personal truck, I'm not sure if you will have to do some conversions to make the tractor listed as a private RV. I doubt you will be able to title it as a pickup.

To pull that big van, you will need to retain the standard 5th wheel hitch. That will really raise an eyebrow if you ever drive it bobtail, requiring a bit of talking to convince an LEO that you are non-commercial.

For the money you will spend on a big van then convert it, you will be tons of money ahead buying a used race car rig from racingjunk.com, they already have lifts and gates for your car, and most are air conditioned, insulated and wired as well.

Remove the toolboxes you don't want, sell them they are worth a lot of mony and install your walls wherever you want. I'd buy a used pull type camper to get a super "package deal" on all the furniture, plumbing and kitchen fixtures.

-blizz