View Single Post
Old 03-11-2003, 08:08 PM   #1

Hi Larry,
I have tried to condense your suggestions into one place, but as of yet, not succeded.

You mention that you wouldn't buy a truck that doesn't still have the major 3 still under warantee (engine, trans, rear end).

Am I to assume that you mean that up until you bought it, or one that extends for a considerable time that you will own it? Since a lot of the trucks are 5 year, 500k mi, the ones that are apealing are nearing the end of the time on the warantee. Are you looking to make sure that it was covered (and hopefully, cared for) before you buy it because of the warantee? This may seem like semantics, but I want to make sure that I understand.

I have my eye on a '99 VN610 with a DDs60, 3.90 rear, and a 13 speed from a guy that I know. 480k on the odo. I will try and look for the things that you mentioned in different posts, but I would feel better if you could condense your advise into a single list, so I don't miss something. This may be old hat to you but it spooks the heck out of me. Who would have thought I would be in the market for a SEMI TRUCK!

I am mechanically inclined, so its not really that bad, its just this is an area that I haven't delved into before, and mere suggestions from someone with experience, can make a huge difference to a starter like me.

Thanks for being so available to us all
Mark