View Single Post
Old 09-30-2005, 08:30 PM   #27
Profmcmillen

You folks are such a wealth of useful information for the old Professor.

Here's today's questions class.

1. Looking at interiors last week at an RV show and on the links you have sent., It looks to me like a very light maple cabinets and paneling would make the rig look and feel bigger than the darker woods or Oak. What is the consensus on paneling?
2. Re Tote homes and trailers: We witnessed some flipped trailers while on Vacation a couple of years ago and my bride feels that they are less safe than a garage unit. What is the thinking on towing with a car or pickup?
3. Also Hurricanes, tornadoes and red neck divorces all result in the loss of a trailer. It just seems that if caught in a bad weather spell the motor home would offer superior security. What are your thoughts?
4. How does one maintain both TV and Internet connection in a Truck/Motor home?
5. I notice that there are lots of Mercedes Benz powered rigs advertised. How do they fair as to reliability, ease to work on, fuel economy serviceability from dealers and all the other considerations VS Cummins, Detroit Diesel or CAT?
6. Re Car Length. I looked at a Mini and a Sion B (Box). 12 and 13 feet or so. These are not 4 WD. In the event of snow or other friction busting conditions 4WD or AWD seems better. I Love my Subaru Legacy but it is 16Ft. Any other suggestions on Cars?
7. I looked at both Honda and Vespa Scooters as an auxiliary ride. Any Pros/Cons on these?
8. If you run into High water like the Big Easy did, Is there a way to make the "Basement storage" waterproof?
9. I Notice all garages have an escape hatch. What are we escaping from ??
10. Is sleeping in those low ceiling cab over beds comfortable? The look like they would be short on air circulation.
11. Is it possible to have a built in Gasoline tank to refuel the car or scooter?
12. How are these rigs taxed? I have been told interest is deductible but are there property tax or high license fees?

Thanks so much guys for all the input
The old "Enlightenment Coordinator"