View Single Post
Old 02-28-2006, 08:34 PM   #36
Elburn Bill

Quote:
Originally posted by Elburn Bill:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chevy57PkUp:
Is it Elburn, Bill or Bill Elburn?
I really appreciaye your input, I've been waiting for one person to tell me they've not had a problem to counter all the doom and gloom gusses who are always carrying on about "it's too long for a national park". Your remarks have gone a long way in putting some backbone back in my decision to go past 45'. Thanks!
Actually Elburn is the name of the town in IL I used to live in. I now live in LaPorte, IN. I have changed all my user names to Alpaca Bill on the other forums since that is what I do...breed and raise suri alpacas. I just haven't had the chance to get Warpath to change my username here.

I have seen many coaches well over the 45' "limit" with the longest a 58' that towed a 30' trailer...in all he was 92' long. He was a big horse breeder and when he travelled he mostly went to shows and auctions/sales and typically stayed there for 2-4 weeks at a time. He also had full length awnings on both sides so once deployed he cast a shadow on the earth almost 30' wide by 44' long!!! Most of you have probably seen a pic of this coach...it is the black coach with silver flames on it in the gallery. It is very impressive on the inside. I believe it is for sale up at Kingsley right now. IIRC the owner is asking $650K for it. I know he paid WAY more than that. He gets a new one every 18 months or so.

Also if you look at most of Powerhouse's coaches they are all 52' or there abouts.

Make it whatever length you want for your needs and deal with the consequences when and IF they catch up to you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>