View Single Post
Old 10-27-2005, 07:23 AM   #12
5erFool (John)

Bill,
That is one fine looking rig.. I recognized it instantly.. Last April our "adopted Daughters" (new nurses from the Philippines who adopted my wife and I as parents) asked for a picture of an RV.. I gave them a picture of yours.. later ,on my birthday, we were presented with a cake with a picture or your rig on the cake with my wife and I in the cab.. and the same picture framed.. we were very suprised and the picture is in our living room...
I feel like I am cheating by learning from everyone else's experience or at least becoming more focused on what I want. The things you mentioned are mostly the same as I had thought of.. I planned the exact same sleeper/seating area except I plan to have a drop down bed for extra sleeping room and a pull down screen and projector for TV/internet etc. Eliminating the dinett/couch in favor of a much more usable kitchen and stacked full size washer/dryer. Since we plan to live full time in a MH and continue working, our needs are kinda unique.
The standard move up the line from tent to popup to trailer etc has been bypassed.. good thing since we couldn't afford it anyway...barely missed the move to a MDT and 5er.
We still vascillate between HDT/5er and MH. With the MH we can pull a stacker with our personal vehicles in it but the 5er requires momma to drive her car and me to use the HDT for a daily driver.. wouldn't that be a shame.... I imagine a deal to good to pass up will come by and we will leap... we have passed up several deals that we probably should have jumped on but didn't...
BTW we have completed our stay in Urbana and are looking for a new job... somewhere between Main and SW Texas.. Hawaii as an outside possibility..
Looking forward to seeing your next rig..
John
5erFool (John) is offline   Reply With Quote