View Single Post
Old 08-10-2003, 08:32 PM   #9

BillD
While most wives don't care about the mechanical part of a motorhome and don't care that a truck conversion is much easier to service and find service here is something to think about.

With the prices, size etc. of a truck conversion many people would be considering a diesel pusher motorhome as an option. Show her a diesel pusher and explain in order to service the engine the mechanic will have to go into the bedroom, probably pull the bed apart and remove some access panels from the floor, etc.
Mention how hard it is to pull out dirty used parts to be fixed. Women don't like the idea of their bedroom being torn apart.

I have talked to some diesel mechanics who hate to work on a diesel pusher if the customers are there especially if the woman is watching.

One mechanic had a woman who insisted he take his shoes off before he could walk into "her" bedroom. Then she did not like the pants he had on and wanted him to change his pants. He said he told her that the only other pants he had was his underpants and he didn't work on anything in his underpants. He said he started to say "why don't I just strip naked before I work on your diesel pusher", but he figured he might get fired if he said to much.