View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 12:33 PM   #54
Ran D. St. Clair

All,

I agree, there is a priority to these things, and battery voltage is at the top of the list. I could probably live without the others, but the idea was to have always on displays in the living quarters so I won't have to think about it much, just look up and see it. Modern Liquid Crystal Displays draw so little current that you don't need a push button.

KIS (Keep It Simple) is a great idea, and I will wherever I can, but a stealth camper needs to have power available without running the generator all the time. Plus my Honda is a pull start so I can't just hit the button. (I could possibly run the pull cord up into the living quarters though - hmm?)

Yes, all this volts and amps stuff has been going on for a good long while, but hey, I am an electronics engineer, it's what I do. Don't worry, it's almost time to move on to other exciting things, like refrigerators and my favorite, toilets!

As for doing things outside the coach, for now its work - coach - work - coach - sleep a little...
In a little less than two years it's going to be sleep, goof-off, nap, drive around a little, nap some more, nosh, visit friends, nosh some more... The wait is killing me...
Ran D. St. Clair is offline   Reply With Quote