View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 10:22 PM   #130
geofkaye

.....compare with WOOD's Brands-AMERICAN AND CANADIAN MADE!.......I can not justify anything that expensive for cold/frozen food. I saw a demo at the MOTHER EARTH EXPO in the Carolina's several years ago there they radically changed the usage numbers by just gluing on some polyiso foam board [OR Dow Blue Board and covered with with a layer of that MYLAR silver film from NASA Missions.....COSTS ABOUT $20.00 To achieve the same numbers as Sunfrost IIRC......have to look up the exact numbers some day....I know that most of the refrigeration used in the home is wasted on storage of stuff that is not really in need of refrigeration.....I reduced my cubic foot of refrigeration at home by 2/3 when I went to a new refrigerator[11cuft.] and i think it costs about twenty cents a day in juice.....maybe just a little more now....our juice costs about 11 cents a kilowatt hour.....the dam dehumidifier takes more juice than cooling the food now....wish there was a way of making that cheaper....I'm still running about $100 a month for uitilitys with the super insulation and other non drastic methods of saving fuel....My usage in the Rv isn't enough to worry about....most of my variable costs are fuel and eating out with the girlz....
geofkaye is offline   Reply With Quote