View Single Post
Old 09-19-2009, 08:51 PM   #92
Ran D. St. Clair

Geofkaye,

How about sharing the web sites, brand names, dealers, etc. for those LED lights that you are talking about? They sound great, but a few clues would shorten the search a bit.

I looked up hhgrregg on the internet.

http://www.hhgregg.com/SubCata...iances&CatalogID=464

I did find free standing gas ranges as low as $315 and of course you can spend several times that if you want to. Everything I saw, be it free standing or slide in, gas or electric, was 30" wide, not the 22" or 17" that is common for RV's. I also didn't see anything relating to Propane or Natural Gas, so I assume they are set up for NG.

I know I converted a BBQ from propane to NG once and had to drill out the orifice to get adequate heat. That implies a smaller orifice would be needed when converting to propane. I believe NG standard pressure is quite a bit lower than the 11" of water (6.3 ounces per square inch) that is standard for propane. Conversion is probably entirely possible, and with widely available commercial units such as these the replacement orifices are probably readily available as well. Push come to shove, I would fill the brass orifice with solder and then drill it to whatever size I wanted.

If I hadn't already made my decision, and purchase, I might have done more research in this direction, and tried to fit the larger size. It would not surprise me if you get more quality and durability for the money in these units if for no other reason than due to the economies of scale. I have no way to know for sure without doing some driving, or spending some money, and it's too late for me now.
Ran D. St. Clair is offline   Reply With Quote