View Single Post
Old 12-19-2008, 08:54 PM   #6
geofkaye

....BravestDog:....one has to become more aware of their associates around them as it's never to good to let one's guard down too far.. I'm used to Gold-diggers and a lot of crazy people because of my job and experience......handling large numbers of crazies is typical for me on one day of the week[18 hour shift-some times I do a 24]....rest of the time I have 6 happy workers that add to the stress of modern life so to speak....ages 65 to 20 years old and one new black guy from prison that has decided to turn his life around and play life as it should without drugs and other distractions....he wants to learn everything very quickly......should be OK as he had a good support system. I have asked for another dog but have to wait till the Government gets ready to let one loose.....I get hounds that are fired from the Government for unwillingness to do what they are trained or have been ruined by bad handling or have been traumatized....they make good partners and will stick by me to the end.....I should be getting one soon as there is a high turnover-a dog will only last 8 years at the most-both dogs I had before were hurt on the job and retired when they were less than 24 months.......they died when they were about 10-11 years old of cancer of the stomach.....geofkaye
geofkaye is offline   Reply With Quote