View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 06:58 PM   #3
BravestDog

How about buying a Ford E450 Box Van with a diesel motor and converting the interior yourself?

You may not get the box length and the overhead sleeper part, but you may get the chassis, box and diesel motor. I think most boxes are in the 12-14-16' range.

The diesel motors are a $5,000 option upgrade. Most RVs in the E series are built with a gas motor to keep the price down. I'd like to know what percentage are gas versus diesels in the RV versions.

I own a 2002 Ford E350 dually, with a 14' Grumman box, pass through opening, metal roof, slat walls, roll up rear door, with a 7.3 diesel. It runs like a fine sewing machine at freeway speeds. Quiet...

I'm thinking of selling and have it listed locally. I want a Class 8 Truck Conversion.

Here are a bunch of Ford diesel box vans currently on ebay: http://motors.shop.ebay.com/it...em245QQ_sopZ3QQ_scZ1
"I have marveled often at the thin line that divides success from failure and the sudden turn that leads from apparently certain disaster to comparative safety." Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic Explorer, Sea and Land, 1874-1922.
BravestDog is offline   Reply With Quote