View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 01:16 PM   #6
Bob86ZZ4

They look nice. I'm thinking about doing some of these. I was thinking about using a mercury type switch on the door. But you pointed out that often you don't want the lights on. Makes sense to put a switch on each one. How did you get the wiring into the bay? My bays have no wiring in them now. Drill a hole up through the top? Or would it be better to go through the rear side panel of each bay? Then run the wire down a bit after it goes through the sheet metal? Seal the whole thing with silicone sealant? That way water won't be likely to get into the hole? Or is sealing the wire through the top sufficient? I guess the tops of the bays don't likely get too much water on them? I'm thinking about putting a master shut off switch on the wall inside the side door so it would be easy to assure none was left on. Is one of those 20" lights enough to light up a bay? Or would one near the front and one near the back work better? Or maybe one on each side running from the front door to the back of the box?