View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 07:29 AM   #2
Bob86ZZ4

Welcome to truckconversion.net!! A rather small goup of the toughest campers around. Sounds like you've got a great truck there. I don't know anything about hitches and stuff. Nor APU's. One truck salesman I was talking to said they are a maintenance headache. I wouldn't think you'd need one on the tractor tho would you? You're not going to do a lot of sleeping there it sounds like. More of the truck stops seem to be putting in idle-air too. Wow, you drive a lot of miles. Keep up with the maintenance on the truck. My son drives over the road. His company truck is a '05 Columbia with the Mercedes 450. Engine rotted through a cylinder sleeve at about 550k. The mechanic said the coolant was not changed enough. Pictures of your setup would be great. Son in the Army? Mine is Army Reserve, did one year in Iraq. He's 88M, truck driver of course. He drove HETS over there. Google them if you've never seen one. Pretty cool truck.