Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 01-31-2008, 04:59 PM   #1

In the 70' fuel was $0.30 per gallon. Water was free not in a bottle? Everyone used payphone. Wow times have changed? What was your CB Radio handle? Mine was Band Aid..... I had a Big Tan/Brown Winny Ba Go.... What was your CB handle and what RV Did you drive?

Thanks

Bill

The TruckerWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 08:44 PM   #2

.......In the 70's my handle was "Peter B. Dragon" which caused only minor alarm-but it would be "politically incorrect" to use it on the forums till they age over the years now. In the late 80's and into the 90's I used the handle of "Head Shrinker"....but that got too much free business going and got to be a PIA to explain all the time-leading to free 50 minuite hours as I drove the highways....also caused a moron to report me to the APA....course I really don't give a poop because I won't belong to that group-they are way too organized and $ driven......Now I turn the dam thing OFF....I tire of listening to the wisdom of the road and yearn of polite conversation from a young lady or two as we head for an adventure.....or whatever. The Atlanta Work Truck Show was a killer and we left Wednesday nite to outrun another a ice storm...all and all it was a great show and we did rather well in the money department in two days.......geofkaye
geofkaye is offline   Reply With Quote