Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 03-28-2009, 01:26 PM   #1

Here is a question regarding the electric windows on the T2000. I am having issues with the passenger side electric window on the cab door.

It is running very slow and seems to really drag at anything past 3/4 up. I pulled it apart last night but there doesn't seem to be any adjustment for alignment and everything was relatively clean. I cleaned it some more and put it back together with the same problem.

The motor runs fine with no load but it doesn't seem to be able to overcome the drag. Does anyone have experience with this indicating worn seals / misalignment or is this the sign of a failing motor.

It has blown one 25amp fuse this last week.

Any help is appreciated...

Rad

Old 03-28-2009, 04:12 PM   #2

i had a pr'bm with my windows also. for me they had jumped out of the wind seal in the front. they should be in the center of the wind seal. even a shop missed this--- mase

vapoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 05:20 PM   #3

Mase,
Excellent observation. I don't believe I had that issue when I took it apart to examine it but when I put it together I did not have the glass aligned and it was out of the rack on the front. I found it and corrected it, but it was still dragging pretty bad. I did notice that if I took out the horizontal door seals it runs up and down pretty well. I may try to replace them and see if that helps. But as they get old, why would the drag so much and why the passenger side that likely has seen less use?

Any ideas...anyone?
Old 03-28-2009, 07:53 PM   #4

....SPRAY TRACKS WITH SILICONE SPRAY-USE THE TYPE THAT HAS VERY LITTLE LIQUID TO PROPEL THE SILICONE...LIKE NAPA.....they kinda chew up the edge inside felt like the channel insides and that slows them down-by exposing the rubber that holds the felt........so i silicone them now and then.....geofkaye
geofkaye is offline   Reply With Quote