Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 11-07-2006, 07:19 PM   #1

I'm thinking about using a MDT to convert into a Service Truck/Large Pickup to use on our cattle, hay, and tobacco farm. This truck would carry a fuel tank, some tool boxes, and maybe an air compressor, nothing a regular one ton couldn't handle, I just want something that would be out of the ordinary and look cool. I would like to have something with four wheel drive, is there any type of MDT with this?

Thanks

Greg

Gphillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 07:55 PM   #2

mitsubishi makes the Fuso FG that's a 4 wheel drive cabover with a 14,000 gvw.

I have 2 and 1 is outfitted as a stake truck with tool boxes and I get a lot of "that's cool" looks when I drive it to town.

FusoFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 02:23 PM   #3

Why not go with a F450 or F550 with a good hauler bed built on it? I know not out of the ordinary but it is functional.

I have a F550 Lariat 4x4 CC with a Classy Chassis oem bed conversion it. The truck weighs in at 9300 with full tanks (a 40 rear and a 19 mid), myself, 2 of my kids (60#), roll-n-lock tonneau, gooseneck hitch, and a small tool box with tools. It has a 17,950 GVWR so I am able to carry 8650 additional pounds of "cargo" in the bed. I use it in the fields to haul hay, carry fencing supplies out for repairs, etc.

Other than that you may want to give a look to 2L Custom Trucks a look, maybe they can order one of their Internationals in 4x6.

Or take a look at one of teh several companies that convert the F650 like:

F650 Super Truck or Alton Mfg.
Old 11-13-2006, 01:05 PM   #4

The service truckI drive in the winter is built on a 4500 chevy chassis, 4wd. Rides nice sits high and lots of power. We have a power box and 100 galloon tank on a utility bed, doesn't leave too much room for other stuff, but it is a utility body..... Nice turning radius also
Camping Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote