Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 12-24-2004, 02:02 PM   #1

This is also posted on the Escapees Forum.

The 2nd Annual Class 7/8 Rally is scheduled for the 1st week in October, Oct 3-9, 2005 at Blasi Campground with Doonan Peterbilt of Wichita again doing the honors as the main sponsor.

As last year was a tremendous success, this year, 2005, will be better with many of the same events and seminars plus. Last year will be hard to beat.

All Class 7/8 operators and also all MDT operators are welcome. This is a great learning tool and we can never have enough tools.

Once again, the host RV Park will be Blasi and the following arrangements will be in effect:

Reservations should be made at Blasi Campground at (316.722.2481). No advance monies need to be sent and they may or may not send out a confirmation notice. Once you are on the books, your reservation is secure.

There are 110 pull-thrus, 40X50 with 30/50 amp service at each site, water and sewer at each site.

Rates will approximately the same this year:

26-30' = $105.00/week
31-35' = $112.00/week
35-40' = $119.00/week

The Rally itself will be held in conjuction with Doonan Peterbilt and Kenny has stated that we will have some vendors this year. Nothing specific at this time. I am also working on a member of the design team from Volvo, USA, in Greensboro, NC.

Suggest that to expedite any service you may need that you schedule them a month or so in advance. Doonan Peterbilt, 866.366.6267.

Once again the VIS check will be available as well as full service for all trucks. There will also be special deals on tires.

Valerie and I will be hosting this event again this year and we ask for a $5.00 wagonmaster fee, payable upon arrival, to offset expenses, i.e., name tags, table clothes, etc.

Any monies left over will be in a fund for a catered dinner, drawings or what ever the group decides.

You may rach me at JGehlen@direcway.com if you have any questions.

Sent by Hughes.net satellite
Jim Gehlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 04:20 PM   #2

Hello
Old 12-29-2004, 04:32 PM   #3

Hello
We were in the process of converting our 1992 White/GMC at the time of the first rally. We are planning to attend the second one. We bought a tractor with spring suspesion air seat and air cab. We dropped 4 springs out of all the spring units replaced u-bolts. We went out of town last week and my wife said it road better than our pickup. We tow a 1978 Holiday Rambler gooseneck. We built a basket and installed deck plate to cover frame. Repainted the frame polished the wheels and tanks.

Bill & Mary Wright
Amarillo Tx
1992 White/GMC 12.7 Detroit
1978 Holiday Rambler
Eagle One
Old 12-29-2004, 06:04 PM   #4

Looking forward to meeting you in Wichita. We plan on having a better time this yr and that will be hard to beat.

Old 05-27-2005, 06:18 PM   #5

AS we get into the summer months and closer to the magic month of October, there are more posts being made on the escapees HDT forum regarding the 2nd Annual HDT Rally in Wichita. I would really like to get more interest over here on this site. Any suggestions??

Old 05-27-2005, 10:21 PM   #6

Moderator.....why do more people post on Escapees than here anyway.....after all this is site is designed for HDTV and TruckConversions....or did I get that wrong today also?.....geofkaye
Old 05-28-2005, 08:07 PM   #7

Geof: I'll be working on bringing folks over here. Probably will take some time and convincing but I think I can do it.
Old 05-28-2005, 11:34 PM   #8

.....Jim ....anything I can do to help-just let me know-this site is easier to navigate for me and there is less adds/spam/crap attachments......there seems to be very little arguement as well....but that will change I'm sure as we head for winter months......Anyway YOU! are the one who got me started down this path.....If you just hadn't sent me those damn pix and comentary I would have found something else to with my time and money....and If it wasn't for Larry Zeigler giving me firestorm crap and opinionated feed back I'd never started looking/learning about class 8 trucks to convert [I'd forgotten all about my summer/fall job in the early 70's].....but that's what happens when I run into a brick wall-I have to find a way around/past/threw it!....Defect in personality we call it-others call it competiveness. Oh well!....anything I can do to promote the site/lifestyle/vacation interest/vehicle plans just let me know.....geofkaye
Old 05-31-2005, 11:22 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill&Mary:
Hello
We were in the process of converting our 1992 White/GMC at the time of the first rally. We are planning to attend the second one. We bought a tractor with spring suspesion air seat and air cab. We dropped 4 springs out of all the spring units replaced u-bolts. We went out of town last week and my wife said it road better than our pickup. We tow a 1978 Holiday Rambler gooseneck. We built a basket and installed deck plate to cover frame. Repainted the frame polished the wheels and tanks.

Bill & Mary Wright
Amarillo Tx
1992 White/GMC 12.7 Detroit
1978 Holiday Rambler
Eagle One
Hello Bill & Mary:
Our Shadow is a White/GMC/Volvo. There were 3 at Whichita last year. We are looking forward to seeing you this year.
Scott, Barb, Mutley, & Tinkerbell
vela1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 09:01 AM   #10

I now have the tentative schedule for Wichita HDT 05 from Kenny Doonan. Got everything on the schedule and also a unscheduled trip to Great Bend, KS to tour the plant where they make the conversion beds and an antique truck museum.

If anyone is interested in the tour to Great Bend and the museum, please let me know as soon as possible. e-mail me at JGehlen@direcway.com.

Also, any golfers out there? We have a 4 hour period on Oct 3 for those interested in cow pasture pool.
Old 07-09-2005, 09:16 AM   #11

I talked to Mary at Blasi camp ground yesterday. She says there are 36 preregistered for the rally.
Scott, Barb, Mutley, & Tinkerbell
vela1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 12:42 PM   #12

Location: Anywhere south in winter, Custer,SD area in summer.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim Gehlen:
I now have the tentative schedule for Wichita HDT 05 from Kenny Doonan. Got everything on the schedule and also a unscheduled trip to Great Bend, KS to tour the plant where they make the conversion beds and an antique truck museum.

If anyone is interested in the tour to Great Bend and the museum, please let me know as soon as possible. e-mail me at JGehlen@direcway.com.

Also, any golfers out there? We have a 4 hour period on Oct 3 for those interested in cow pasture pool.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Jim,
I hope to be coming in a few days early and will help with anything you need us to do. Also want to get on the list for VIS and the A-WEIGH-WE-Go....should have my new unit by then and want to get all axles weighed....
Mike
Mike McFall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 10:10 PM   #13

Search doesn't work on this forum. Information goes into a black hole. At one point somebody posted a link to the supplier of doors for Showhauler and other high-end converters, a link I desperately need to find again.

Search is down and when I posted a query for the link in the general forum I got bupkis.

Upshot: in one very important sense, this forum is useless.
Jimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 05:28 PM   #14

JIMM;
Which doors are you looking for, compartment or entry, I have had to order both in the last 4 months also what year Showhauler do you have?
Richard