Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 03-12-2013, 09:11 PM   #1

Default Paperwork Needed To Convert A Semi To An RV

Hi, I'm looking at buying an older (probably late 90's) Peterbilt in the next few months and figured this would be the perfect place to ask this question as a lot of folks on here have done the same. I do not plan to work this truck for a period of time and I've been looking at having the title converted into an RV title for means of saving money wile the truck is not bringing in revenue. I live in Oklahoma. A family friend of our bought a 91 Kenworth T600 with a big bunk and he tried to have it tagged as an RV and the local DMV said no. Can you even do this in Oklahoma? If you can, what are the required paperwork for reassigning the title from a commercial vehicle to an RV?

Thanks!

Peterbilt379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:39 AM   #2

Hi, you and your friend obviously ran into a clueless DMV office. I currently have a 1993 Peterbilt 362 cabover titled and licensed as an rv and had a 96 Kenworth W900L titled and licensed the same previous to this one. You need to contact Dennis Goldsby in Norman,Ok. He handles all of my vehicles 405-288-2586 and tell him Pat from the racetrack sent you.

qwcslvr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:38 PM   #3

Thank you!

Since I'll be in the market later this year, I won't give him a call just yet but I will direct our friend to him. Do you know if you're required to tear off the 5th wheel for the conversion? We would like to keep from this as these will one day become working commercial tractors again. These trucks will stay relatively factory (besides the KW's aftermarket sleeper and cosmetic customizations). Also does anyone know about the process of re-registering as a commercial truck?
Peterbilt379 is offline   Reply With Quote