Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community

Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/)
-   HDT Discussions (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/f98/)
-   -   Fuel Mileage (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/f98/fuel-mileage-5016/)

Chevy57PkUp 03-09-2006 06:51 PM

I can hardly keep from splitting infinitives much less worrying about split personalities. <SG>

Gary Atsma 03-09-2006 08:40 PM

I dunno, I think if I had multiple personality disorder, I would still get along with each other. If two's company, three's, uh, probably time to jack up the meds......

KAYE RIVERCITY 03-09-2006 09:53 PM

...I can Dx: personality disorders over the 'net. They are extreemly obvious to me as well as addiction isssues-bi-polar issues and many other forms of screwness[AKA "NUTZ"].....I spent 8 years studying them and another 38 treating them....My issues are 'puter related-spellcheck related-employee related....easy for you guys to handle, but a PIA for me to deal with....I retired at 51 and now at 61, I still make some contrubuitions to society-though less and less every year....I do keep busy and work 5 hours a day 7 days a week[on remodeling/construction -more of an escape for me] along with 4 hours a week as a trherapist and 12 hours in a hospital setting.....not too much for a retired guy.....my dog and I still do some cadaver searchs but Maxx is 13 now and can't be certified so we are the last to be called in- but Maxx closure rate is still close to 100%....Maxx and I do work at airports for overseas baggage checks from certain countries-but only around hoidays when things are really nuts and they need every nose on the convoyer belt-or a missing child or an Alzys patient who walked off in a wooded area....Maxx is extreemly good at that type of find.....geofkaye

WalliK 03-10-2006 09:14 AM

So that was you and your dog then last time at LAX who was looking for the salami in my bag? Oh wait, it was a small beagle and a female asian handler... well..

Anyway, I admire your dog (and you) for what he is doing. My lab and aussie are useless. All the find are dead birds and try to chase rabits.

crunchy 03-03-2008 01:30 PM

gads I love this place, one of the few sites where an intelligent discussion degenerates into a melee on about one in every four topics. Crap, stick to topic and get over whoever it is you think is a jerk (Notice: I point no fingers in any direction!)

For the topic I scale out at 36K gross with a Detroit Series 60, 330/380hp@1250FP and get around 9-9.5 mpg if I keep my foot out of it and stay around 60 mph. Yeah, I know and I stay in the left lane also. https://www.truckhome.com/infopop/emo.../icon_razz.gif

geofkaye 03-03-2008 09:11 PM

.....YO Crunchy.....notice the dates on the headline....you have been gone for almost 2 years between posts. That is one of the reasons this forum died 2 years ago and went to IRV2.com and died again....we over moderaterated and what was dieing was the feeling of comradeship-we are supposed to be friendly and share info/opinions/thoughts.....let things go with the ebb and flow.....if you don't want to read something Delete it and go on...... geofkaye- trying again....

Dave B 03-04-2008 06:41 AM

Geof, It's good to see you back! I missed your input.

Camping Dutchman 03-04-2008 12:12 PM

Welcome back Geoff. We will sit back and let it go to a point. Al lthings in moderation.. right? You and the girls making it to the Rally?

geofkaye 03-04-2008 09:13 PM

...should be there with only one girl this trip [nikki] but 2 girls working the Great American Truck Show in Louisville [nikki and kelsey] at the end of the month.....Work Truck Show [kelsey] did $130k in 2 days.....now I got to pay for the stuff I ordered......new girlz were a hit!.....No one even saw me!....Dutchman: started your new project yet?....the trailer people are eating their young and killing the salesmonkeys if they don't make sales......it is like Rwanda I hear...geofkaye

Camping Dutchman 03-05-2008 06:44 AM

Looking like a fifth wheel Bunkhouse for now. I'm gonna roll a little of the check from mine into it and holdthe rest for some insurance till the economy turns again. Then may build a toter for the fifth rather than full bore motorhome again. Have t osee how the bunks in the fifth work, almost the same length I was but more living space. Kids are excited...