Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 08-02-2008, 09:15 PM   #1

....I counted 76 racing teams selling out/going under[selling MH/TOTER/TRAILERS.... The guys that build stuff for me are selling their business [$2M] and going back to Ky....leaving Indy for Ky...ain't that the chit! Seems the lack of personnel/funding/reimbursements are killing off the circle track guys and I heard-but don't know the source very well- that the gate numbers are off >15% currently. Small tracks are getting killed off unless they offer reduced tickets and more bootie to the participants....fans want a show of some sort[head banging music+girlies] also and reduced beer prices...seems that a plastic trophy just doesn't over come the $200 for fuel to get to the race track along with the cost of a circle burner these days.....the teams want more $$$$$ to show up and go around and around for a hour or two.....Carlos said the the business side was off >73% at this point and commercial ticket buyers were in an up roar about rebates for unused seats that could be resold....Indicated that ticket sales for years down the road by sponcers were fading or being put off till they see what is happening in the economy for 2009....stick around for more news as it becomes available....I can not meet with all the guys all the time-so I got to do what I can when I can....but there is a lot of pizing and moaning so maybe the time is right to pick up that HM/TOTER/ TRAILER at a bargain price-wheeling and dealing and stealing-is exceptable in hard times and do a little polish and shine-some of the sponcer unites are spectacular....geofkaye

geofkaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:15 AM   #2

Geof, I've been watching 'racingjunk.com' for a year and I havn't noticed much change in the quoted prices. There also seems to be fewer for sale in last few months. I've been expecting the situation you describe, but I don't see much evidence on that site. Is there a better place to be looking? Thanks, MikeS

mikeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 08:24 PM   #3

...they are holden around 330 plus a day-lot of re-ups/moving up the list as they got to move the stuff....most prices are dropping when you show up with cash money or a bank check....I'd do in in cash myself....something about the lure of green easy money that gets the juice going......and "if you let the whale go-it is your fault that you ain't eating this winter".....think about negotiation issues and then grab a bag full of cash and have at them....only thing they can do is say "no' and you take a hike.....geofkaye
geofkaye is offline   Reply With Quote