Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community > HDT / MDT RV Haulers > HDT Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 02-15-2013, 04:06 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundEncounters View Post

What kind of system do you have to maintain the water pressure? Does it run off of the battery or the generator? Sorry, all newbie and silly questions here...

vijay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:29 PM   #22

I will message you his phone # and just let him know what your looking for. I talk to him almost every day, I mentioned this to him so he knows.

I am using the FloJet High Volume 4.5 GPM Water Pump with 1.1 Gallon Accumulator Tank for my water system. All 12v system.

No problem at all bud, this is a big learning curve for me! Never done anything like this, or project this size. I am learning as I go, and belive me, I have made a few trial and errors already LOL.

SoundEncounters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:50 PM   #23

Quote:
I will message you his phone # and just let him know what your looking for. I talk to him almost every day, I mentioned this to him so he knows.

I am using the FloJet High Volume 4.5 GPM Water Pump with 1.1 Gallon Accumulator Tank for my water system. All 12v system.

No problem at all bud, this is a big learning curve for me! Never done anything like this, or project this size. I am learning as I go, and belive me, I have made a few trial and errors already LOL.
Thank you, I got the contact info. I will call him next week.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:43 PM   #24
Administrator

Quote:
....this is a big learning curve for me! Never done anything like this, or project this size. I am learning as I go, and belive me, I have made a few trial and errors already LOL.

The "trying" is half the fun and the occasional awesome success is 3/4 of the satisfaction of the project. Keep us updated
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:39 PM   #25

very nice !
bushpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 05:53 PM   #26

Any update on this?
Old 09-18-2013, 04:19 PM   #27

Sorry, Any update on this? long time no update? Where is the truck at now?
Old 02-04-2014, 04:12 PM   #28

Sorry, it has been a long time. I forgot all about this until I was clearing out my inbox. The truck is still not 100% complete the way I want it. But I am sure it will be a work in progress for a long long time as I find things I would like to add or change.

Last year about the time of my last post I had a little accident with this project, cutting up both my hands pretty severely. Set me back a month or two with surgeries and stiches and etc. But we got it together enough to register as a Housecar and tow!

Old 02-04-2014, 04:16 PM   #29

Got all the Electrical wired in and generator in place with (6) 12volt Batteries. Skinny people can be very useful at times!

We started with just bare Plywood and made all of our pre-cuts, adjustments, trims and etc to test fit all boards prior to finish. After any plywood is coated in Raptor Spray which is a heavy bed spray to seal the wood prior to being coated on the face.

Old 02-04-2014, 04:20 PM   #30

After its all be sprayed to seal the raw wood I used a 3m Spray Adhesive to stick on the 4030 polished. Also screwing all the covered edges and any fixtures to each board leaves the possibility of it coming off on its own almost impossible.

Old 02-04-2014, 04:24 PM   #31

Trimmed it out with all Aluminum angle, and the brilliant idea to use that Extruded rub rail all the way down. While it helps to hold bottom of walls in place and looks pretty good, it was a NIGHTMARE to obtain on the west coast and ended up causing a lot of problems after the 3rd damaged set arrived. But it cleans up, its far from perfect but looks good in the distance

Got the inside equipped with the couch bed, TV, surround sound, gaming, and its own mobile network

Old 02-04-2014, 04:27 PM   #32

Here is about the finished look. We added a crush panel rocker on the lower edges to keep the truck looking low but give me a cheap easy fix IF we found ourself high centered. Also put independent rear air ride on the back so I can adjust level and etc. I think we will air ride front as well.

Old 02-04-2014, 04:31 PM   #33

Still have some inside areas to complete like the dinette in the sleeper, bunk beds, and misc stuff. But it has a complete bathroom with sink, shower, toilet. Obviously has all your basic RV amenities such as microwave, refer, sink, hot water. We have upgraded all the lighting and most all wiring and such through the truck.

This is about how it sits in the shop today, ready for this years race season again. It needs to go in for bodywork and paint on the cab soon. And that air ride front. I will finish any little odds and ends through the year after a well needed long long break from the project and re-focus on the important things like racing

Old 02-04-2014, 07:19 PM   #34

Thanks for the update! it has come out well...
Old 02-04-2014, 07:42 PM   #35

Any idea what the axle weights are?
Old 02-05-2014, 11:25 AM   #36

Don't know yet, but before we start towing for this year it will see a set of scales loaded with trailer just to have an idea. I know it will be heavy, but I am sure a long ways away from overloading axles with the trailer being so light and the cars inside.
Old 02-12-2014, 01:38 AM   #37

Overloading the Front axle is the concern in reality as all of your weight is up there for the most part.

What is Raptor Seal? I have never heard of it before.

By the way, Killer Rig!
Straight Time Stirrups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 11:35 AM   #38

I hope not, everything we built kind of had a balanced weight idea behind it. The Diesel tank and 2 starting batteries are on the left front corner, then mid weight is the fresh water and right next to grey/black tanks. The right side has the generator, and 6 of the batteries. Then 2 more back-up batteries and the gas tank on the right front. If needed I can shift batteries around to make them help balance weight since diesel tank is 100g and gas is only 30.

Our theory was it shouldn't be any more overloaded then a traditional toter we hope. But scales will tell, in the mean time I will stay positive there LOL. When building we couldn't think of a better way to distribute weight without creating headaches like 20' fresh water runs and etc.

Raptor seal is just like a Rhino Liner and etc. Its a spray on heavy bedliner, not like the rattle can stuff at auto zone, little more durable. We have used it many times here at my job with positive results. It covers thick and strong so it should do a great job of sealing in wood I'm thinking.
Old 03-04-2014, 04:48 PM   #39

Default toter

you guys did a great job , as good as any professional .

tim brown is offline   Reply With Quote