Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 09-16-2018, 03:56 PM   #1

Default What do you use to seal cab to the box

I have several places bookmarked that make a rubber "accordian seal" boot style seal that would go between the cab and the RV box and have some "give" for the air ride cab to move up and down. I was just curious what some of y'all used to seal between the cab and RV box. Or if you didn't do it yourself, what company did it for you and we're you pleased with the work ? Thanks in advance for any info you can send me.

Dwayne
Salisbury, NC

d082088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 04:35 PM   #2

We owned a 1984 Peterbilt cabover. It had a massive 72" sleeper as part of the cab, with a 8x8 condo behind that. 400 Cummins BC, 8-speed. 276" wheelbase ate up parking-lots.

Between the cab/sleeper and condo, the conversion folks used simple upholstery vinyl with snaps.

Besides leaking water and wind and exhaust, it required two boys and a mule about a week-and-a-half to unfasten so we could tilt the cab for a looksy.

I am interested in your solution.

LargeMarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 07:03 PM   #3

Accordianboot.com
Firststoprv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 08:22 PM   #4

I have a 1984 cabover international......had to make a crawl space between the cab and rv box on the back....link to my portal build thread

http://www.truckconversion.net/forums/f97/portal-6275/
40's rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 02:13 PM   #5

After years of researching and trying to figure out best method of connecting the two I settled on putting small campers doors in. One in the cab and one into the box. It works great. There are several options to put between the frame rails that will work as a floor. Toolbox, battery box, or just a plate. I really didn't want anyone (kids) going front to back as I was driving down the street anyway. I was looking at the accordion material they use in busses....
Jonguelzow is offline   Reply With Quote