Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 02-03-2003, 07:16 AM   #1

Just wanted to update on the bed that has been made for me at Bayer auto for my Volvo 610.

I will put together a detailed cost breakdown, but just for your thoughts:

The bed as pictured (I am going to send warpath some pictures) has been modified from the base price by adding two additional compartments, the middle rear, and the compartment between the rails on the top of the bed. I added LED lights and a door stop and over center closing device on the doors.

The base price which would include 4 compartments, painted, anti slip coating on the tope surface of the bed is $7500.

This also included removing the front axel and moving the rear forward. There was a 1000$ credit based on Bayer taking the rear axels and wheels. So the base price with credit would be $6500.

I added other mods for my own use which I will go into detail when I get time to break down the costs.

Some other thoughts based on driving with a single axel, the truck rides okay, maybe a little more sensitive to the bow wave of a passing truck (doesn't happen very often) and the wake of a truck ahead of me. Difficult to tell. Drove through our first snow storm yesterday without a problem, I do think that a bob-tailed semi will swap ends quickly on icey roads, so I slowed down some.

More later.

Chuck

I replace the road tread caps on the rear wiht Toyo 610s a very aggressive tread. Between the single axel and new tires I can drive right up my snow covered drive way, where before I couldn't make it up my driveway when it was just gravel.

chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 10:26 AM   #2
Ox

Keep us updated on the progress / cost / options. I'm in the process of much the same and the added information will help the final decision on my part.

Pictures, we need Pictures!!!
Ox is offline   Reply With Quote