Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 01-30-2003, 05:23 PM   #1

Finally no snow!!! It has snowed everyday for 19 days straight. It has been driving me crazy! Anyway it was nice and sunny today (still cold) so I split a little early from work. I needed to get some info to order up synthetic oil (10 gallons for this monster!) oil filter, fuel filter & air line filter. I was going to have my FL dealer do this, but the weather just is not cooperating. I don't mind doing it, but my RV pad is to short to fit on just yet and it is going to make it fun getting at things.

Here are some pics

With only 2 weekends left before we take her out on the maiden voyage, I am having to hussle to get everything ready & just right.

2003 28' Show Hauler Motorhome on a 1995 FL 120 www.showhauler.com

Warpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 09:29 PM   #2

BOY, Warpath, now I'm flat-out JEALOUS! That rig looks RIGHT!
BTW, in another post you mentioned a FRONT air suspension? How does that work? Does it replace the springs, or only parts of them? I'm curious after you mentioned how well it rode.

Gary Atsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 06:01 AM   #3

Looks great, Warpath.
Looking forward to your Florida trip report.

'99 Damon Challenger 310
'00 Malibu Toad
Hamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 06:03 AM   #4

Gary -

I installed Brock's Ad-A-Ride system to the front end and I absolutely recommend this product!! When I was bob tailing around it made only a small difference, and that was with the air really low in the bags. But put the weight on and it was huge! We floated down the highway and the bags really soaked up those expansion joints in the highway & bridge transitions. The bottom of the air bag is mounted to the back half of the spring and a new rear shackle mount secures the top. There is a sliding bracket in the back to allow for the up & down movement and keeps the spring from moving side to side. This weekend I will take a picture of it, the Brocks site does not have any pics. The thing I did notice is the system will raise the front end height by about 1 to 2 inches from the original height.

I really do love the look of this coach. I have a few little detail items to tweak, and I will be adding a chrome insert where the license plate is located. I still have not fully decided on graphics, I may just run a polished peice of SS down the side just above the top of the bins.

I live in Amish country and most of my neighbors are amish and they think I am crazy.

2003 28' Show Hauler Motorhome on a 1995 FL 120 www.showhauler.com
Warpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 05:19 PM   #5

I don't know how far you want to go with graphics, but Freightliner has some graphics sets that don't look too bad, and have pieces that would carry over a bit onto the coach body itself. The samples I've seen aren't too "loud", just a few "splashes" here and there. Check w/ your Freightliner dealer; you never know.
Gary Atsma is offline   Reply With Quote