Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 03-17-2019, 11:28 PM   #1

Default A question about my International DTA 360.

I mentioned earlier that I bought a 1993 24 foot 4700 International with a DTA 360. Super nice running truck with an Alison automatic. This used to be a Budget Rental truck. It has about 224,000 miles on the engine. I have all the paperwork from when it was new, but then everything after that is unknown. A major concern is the O rings at the bottom of the sleeves, and how long do they typically go. When I bought the truck, there was a jug of antifreeze with it, and the radiator level sight glass was leaking fairly well, which I fixed. But how can you tell that the O rings are fixing to let go? I'm set to do an oil change and am expecting that if they are leaking, that the first bit of oil will in fact be anti freeze, since the truck hasn't been run for several months now. Is that a safe assumption? I'd like to change the oil and filters, then run it. I will certainly be having the liners removed and inspected / replaced when I can afford it (soon I hope), but if anyone can shed some light or wisdom on this area, I'd sure appreciate it.

hoodoo valley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 11:29 PM   #2

I also wonder on average, how long Budget would have maintained this truck before cutting it loose?

Old 03-17-2019, 11:45 PM   #3

So I found the Budget truck sales website HERE and it appears that with most of their trucks, at least these days anyway, they start unloading them at 140,00 and up. Wish there was a way to somehow find out if they ever updated those O rings.
Old 03-24-2019, 07:53 PM   #4

Now that it has set for a while, just slowly loosen the drain plug to see if any anti freeze appears. Then buy a baldwin coolant filter and put a new one on every year. Porosity is more likely than the orings going bad.
dsljim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 08:50 PM   #5

Welcome to the forum dsljim! Thank you for the input. I was kind of thinking the same thing really. I'll let you all know what I find.