Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 12-23-2002, 12:55 PM   #1

Last week I spoke with representatives of Show Hauler and Becks Marine. Why would someone choose between these two companies? Both of these appear to be very similar in construction and in price.

Also, I've been doing some floorplan mock-ups over the weekend for a 35ft box. Do these conversion companies have engineers on staff to determine what you can and can't do like a normal RV company would?

Thanks,
Brian

Brian Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 08:05 PM   #2

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe Beck's is a Dealer for Showhauler. Many pictures are common to both websites.

Gary Atsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 10:01 PM   #3

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gary Atsma:
Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe Beck's is a Dealer for Showhauler. Many pictures are common to both websites.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is correct but they tell me they also build their own.

Brian
Old 12-24-2002, 12:13 PM   #4

After looking at the ShowHauler page again, I'm wondering if they use only customer supplied tractors, even new ones, or if they will spec and order the tractor and make the conversion all in one process.</p>

This would make financing a lot easier, as there is only one creditor to pay. I saw several different makes on their page, so I am guessing that they are flexible about how they make the conversion, but I was wondering how they handle the logistics of getting a tractor? Related question to that - how long would it take them to go from starting to finish what's ordered? (Inlcuding getting the tractor.)
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2002, 03:46 PM   #5

Brian - I recommend that you get with Beck's before you get to far in your design. You maybe doing allot of work on a design that may need to be changed to do chassis limitations or other circumstances.(Believe me I have been there and done that)

Doug - They absolutely will do a conversion from start to finish. And your right financing is much easier when your dealing with a new truck & conversion.

2003 28' Show Hauler Motorhome on a 1995 FL 120 completely refurbished chassis. Currently in production - scheduled completion 1/10/03 www.showhauler.com
Warpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2002, 10:07 PM   #6

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by warpath:
Brian - I recommend that you get with Beck's before you get to far in your design. You maybe doing allot of work on a design that may need to be changed to do chassis limitations or other circumstances.(Believe me I have been there and done that)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bill...given they are RVIA certified, I think the biggest limitation is the placement of the holding tanks. I've dealt with similar issues when looking at other RV products.

Brian