Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community

Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/)
-   Building Your Own (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/f97/)
-   -   Powerhouse Conversions (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/f97/powerhouse-conversions-4992/)

Toby 12-01-2003 07:55 AM

Just a few words of introduction, I am an off-roader and haul my Bronco all over the country in adition to a genral love of out doors and camping. I have had an on-going strugle of what to tow with and what I can afford. My latest schime is to put and in-bed camper on the front of a 24' goose neck trailer and then the Bronco on the back. The major problem I have with that is my Powerstroke will not pull this load over the moutains here in Colorado. This trailer combo weighs over 15K.

With all of that said one of my buddies just got a Powerhouse Conversions home and I am in love with it and the PRICE!!!!

Granted these are not a top of the line motorhome but, for the money you can not beet them. I have been doing a lot research and looking at differnt motorhomes and I just can not afford to spend the kind of money that Showhauler and some of the others are wanting for thier motorhomes.

After looking at Jim's real hard I feel that the construction of the box, and conversion are well made and not going to have problems there. I think that his fit and finish could be a little better.

So on to this price thing.

2004 22' motorhome on 1994 Freightliner FLD 600K

2 a/c w/ heat strip
microwave
sleep sofa
kitchenette
48" vanity and sink in bathroom
upper oak cabnets
closet
bed in back bedroom
bunk over cab
Toilet
shower
6 gal. ele. water heater
Reciver hitch
New paint on cab
lower storage boes
100 gal fresh water
65 gal black and grey waters
85% or new rubber on tires
12" o.c. studs w/ walk on roof
genrator sound proofing
110v and 220v outlets on rear of home
exterior TV cable, 110v, and 12v outlets in curbside lower box
8cf refrig.
2 propane tanks
20,000 btu LP furnace
14' awning
day/night window coverings
quadra lift system QE-II
10,000 Onan quiet diesel gen
2 burner cook top

Price: 54,525.00

Your poinions on this would be greatly apricated.

I will be making a trip to Bismarck, SD in the next couple of weeks to look at the manufacturing and take pictures.

Web site:

https://www.powerhouseconversions.com/

Toby

Looking for a truck motorhome.

Warpath 12-01-2003 09:33 AM

Toby -

Glad to have you on the site as well as looking at a different conversion than we normaly talk about.

$54,500 for a complete unit, truck and all? If so, wow that is cheap!

I wrote about a hours worth of stuff, before clicking your link. Is this the same company as Powerhouse Coach?

The website totally threw me for a loop, looks like they are pretty basic, but sounds like they may fit your needs.

What kind of structure are they using? Steel or aluminum, 16 o.c. or ?

Bill

2003 28' Show Hauler Motorhome on a 1995 FL 120 www.showhauler.com

Toby 12-01-2003 09:45 AM

Yes, Bill that price is for truck and all.

This guy is tring to provide and option to racers and such to replace one-ton truck for about the same price to do what we need. with out all of the bells and wistles.

This is a completly differnt company than Powerhouse Coach.

They are using a steel structure 2x2 square on sides and roof, and 2x3 floors. Thier normal spacing is 24" o.c. but I am specing 12" o.c. for mine.

Toby

Looking for a truck motorhome.

12-01-2003 08:39 PM

In looking at the pictures the units resemble the units produced by S & S Welding from Nebraska. I believe it was Greenwood or something close to that.

A few years ago S & S was one of the early manufacturers of truck conversions. However I have not seen any advertising or information on them in a couple of years.

Patrick 12-02-2003 06:21 AM

Toby, I tow my TJ all over the country and off-road wheel. My advice is to get a higher quality unit financed for a longer term. I bought my used Freightliner and the payments on the SH are $515 a month. If you ever have to sell you'll be happier.

vapoppa 12-02-2003 03:55 PM

toby, mase sanford. i've got a kingsley and they are known for their toterhomes(they call them SUVS. ah--- you know the old sayon' if it sounds too good to be true----? that sounds cheap????? others please comment--- you have the right outlook eyeballs are far the best way to gather info, oh take a digital camera and post pic's, for sure somebody will comment. let me know ---- 540- 220 3884 and i'll hook you up with a friend of mine who has been doin' the same thing for 2 y'rs in his kingsley, he'll give you good advoce fer shore. mase