Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 08-21-2003, 07:40 AM   #81

The previous link to pics is not working well so I made my own. New pics show the rig is almost done. I have a airline ticket in hand, waiting to leave on Aug. 28. Hickory has to reinstall an air dryer because the stock one gets ruined during the condo chop.
http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/equ...d=821143118265

Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 01:57 PM   #82

man!....check out that shower!...geof-near Cincinnati

geof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 01:47 PM   #83

I guess this is what you look like. Anyway looks like a beautiful rig and quality work. I can understand your being anxious. Good luck on the trip back home and let us know how it went.

Charlie

2000 Volvo 610 Motorhome "Dixie"
Pulling a 32' Newmar Fiver
smokin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2003, 04:38 AM   #84

FINAL FACTORY PICS!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/equ...d=821143118265
Old 08-23-2003, 11:23 AM   #85

Very nice looking rig there Patrick. I can understand your excitement in getting it. Have a great time picking it up and driving it home.

Bill
BillD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2003, 11:25 AM   #86

Patrick,

Congratulations!!!

Gene
GSchlegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2003, 05:50 PM   #87

Wahoo! Where is your first trip?

Bill

2003 28' Show Hauler Motorhome on a 1995 FL 120 www.showhauler.com
Warpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2003, 06:00 PM   #88

My first trip will be back to Tulsa. I plan to buzz a fair piece of the Blue Ridge Parkway on the way back...I hear it's a beauty. A trip to Clayton, OK and then Moab, UT will be next to do a little wheelin in the Jeep. Think it will tow it?
Old 08-23-2003, 06:09 PM   #89

Here is a interesting story. Bill, much like you I was told Fri p.m. that I could not get financing. This after having been pre-approved since May. I'm using Bank of America. The reason stated was "we saw Show Haulers web site and there is no way we will finance one of those" I said one of what? They said "one of those trucks for towing" I next explained how mine was not a Toter Home and that it was a motorhome. I then e-mailed pics (ones before my hitch was installed) and they agreed to run it through. I'm still skeptical but I was promised a call before noon Mon. Where do the Toter Home owners get financing? 9 out of 10 RV loan companys run their loans through BOA!
Old 08-23-2003, 09:05 PM   #90

...To Die for!.....geof-Near Cincinnati
Old 08-25-2003, 05:40 AM   #91

Thanks everyone for the compliments! I got a copy of the invoice today. It will be a 2004 Model 28Q. I figured on a 2003 so this is
Old 08-25-2003, 06:03 AM   #92

It is a beauty thats for sure. You should be proud of it. Have fun on the ride home.

2000 Volvo 610 Motorhome "Dixie"
Pulling a 32' Newmar Fiver
smokin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 11:44 AM   #93

Get this, Bank of America told me in May I was pre-approved at 4.79%. Today, 3 days before I leave to pick it up they say "We won't loan money on a hollowed out 18 wheeler". My typing skills could never convey my rage so use your imagination. Lesson here to be learned. Only trust a lender that you know has loaned money on truck conversions. rvlendingtree.com has a Renegade on their home page...THAT is a good sign. Angie, my dealer, referred me to a man named Rusty who is also a Show Hauler dealer, a Yamaha dealer and a loan broker. His # is 1-630-553-7002. I'll let you know who gets me the best rate the quickest. Valium please!

[This message was edited by Patrick on August 25, 2003 at 02:59 PM.]

[This message was edited by Patrick on August 25, 2003 at 02:59 PM.]
Old 08-25-2003, 12:17 PM   #94

Patrick your in good hands. Rusty also did my loan and he was the first guy I spoke to who knew what he was doing. He had me dialed in within a few hours. He'll probably get you a better deal than what you had before, he saved me a few % points over Bank One.

Breath deep it's almost over

Bill

Old 08-25-2003, 01:56 PM   #95

Patrick:.....this seems to be the rule these days-One of my business partners does re-finance and new finance of houses.....everytime one of these loans tanks-the first thing the borrower does is file suit.....so we have moved him into a condo unite owned by his brother leased a vehicle for him to his 89 year old mother in a resthome/the condo is owned by his brother who is not an employee of the company-make all deals go though a S&L account and convert to cash upon demand to keep the lawsuits form piling up-[you can't get blood out of a turnip as the saying goes].....and it's only getting worse as the interest rates are going up ....1% in the last month alone....good luck with this one-Showhauler might have a few leeds also ask Lonnie-after all he has a vested interest....and remember to refinance ASAP-watch for the refinance clauses also....geof-Near Cincinnati
Old 08-27-2003, 03:23 AM   #96

It's early and I can't sleep cause I keep thinking about the SH!!! Rusty got me all fixed up with a loan and did a bit of creative paper shuffling to make the deal even sweeter. Angie my dealer made it back to NC w/ the SH, she said somehow my truck still had "load" tires on the rear which are stiff and noisy. She is having them swapped today for groove tires? I guess these are similar to steer tires. Also, she was anxious because she wanted enough time to polish my rims and detail the rig properly before I show Thursday. There is a night and day difference between dealing w/ RV sales people and my dealer. Almost makes me look forward to ordering a new one in 2015 when I'm sure by then the feds will have mandated all diesel rigs be sent to the graveyard and be replaced with hydrogen powered rigs......imagine that! Angie claimed that my rig was her first chopped condo conversion and that she will order all her models for stock in this configuration from now on. She said between the aerodynamics, ease of use and looks it was the way to go. How am I supposed to sleep tonight?!
Old 08-27-2003, 06:24 AM   #97

Patrick -

I know how you feel. I maybe got 2 hours of toss & turn sleep before I just got up and looked at pictures of it. My other worry was a snow storm bearing down on the area. I picked mine up the second week of January and the weather had been nasty prior to that. By the luck of the weather gods the sun was shinning and it actually hit 40 degrees that day. As we rolled out of the Show Hauler lot it was black to the west and the wind was blowing. The snow chased us all the way back to Ohio and just as I was backing into the driveway the snow hit. My other problem was I still had overhead electric wires at that time so I had the wife and kids out there trying to lift them high enough to get the rig under them. It was a fun day.

You have yourself a safe trip and update us when you get back.

Old 08-27-2003, 08:57 AM   #98

Patrick ...your killing me!...Who is Angie and where does she work?...Do they deal?...What other brands do they carry?...geof-near Cincinnati
Old 08-27-2003, 09:10 AM   #99

Angie is a dealer in Hickory, NC. She used to be a sub dealer for the guys I go through Howard Trailer Sales - www.racerigs.com)and then went on her own. Everyone I've dealt with on stuff like this has been very cool, it's definitely different than the car sales type feeling I've gotten on a regular RV lot.

Sean P. Clarke
WERA Motorcycle Roadracing
WERA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 09:44 AM   #100

www.hickoryinclosed.com

Without saying too much..they deal