Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 07-11-2003, 08:17 AM   #41
Ox

Looks clean! Must be difficult just watching without getting in there and playing.

You know, most folks are happy with just carrying a spare TIRE if they have a flat. I like your idea, carry the whole AXLE instead!!
<LOL>

Ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 07:25 PM   #42

I'm hoping I can talk Lonnie into removing the wheels/tires and stuffing how ever many will fit into the cargo bins. Is there room Warpath? Also, I get to drive to Hickory, NC to pick up my rig when it's done. Hickory Inclosed (my SH dealer) says their is a Freightliner warranty issue they want resolved before handing it over to me. I'm glad...I've never seen the Smokey Mountains. Another thing I just learned is that SH offers a standard 32"X32" shower and mine was drawn up w/ a larger 37"X37". They both sound small to me, Warpath which do you have?

Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2003, 05:28 AM   #43

You definetly have room in those bins, I still can't find enough stuff to load those babies up.

If your floor plan is similiar to mine, the bathroom is huge, and definetly can accomodate a 37 x 37. I have a 32 x 32 and it is fine for me, but my wife has a tough time shaving the legs, ect.. I can't think of everything. Either way, more room in the shower or in the main part of the bathroom, which is also nice for getting ready in the morning.

Bill

2003 28' Show Hauler Motorhome on a 1995 FL 120 www.showhauler.com
Warpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 09:12 PM   #44

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by geof:
Now I'm looking at Classic-worse comes to worse I'll go with USCargo and do a refit/rebuild/remanufacture......I can't stress the value of several factory tours...there is an all aluminum trailer made called Featherlite-that is top of the line and about twice as expensive as any other trailer.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I looked at the Classic trailers as they can be optioned out to whatever you want. I ended up deciding on an aluminum trailer. I bought an Exiss Mach 10 enclosed trailer over a year ago and really like it. They're made in Oklahoma. Minimal options though.

Exiss web site
SandCarFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 09:51 PM   #45

SandCarFan...point me in their direction will you!....EXISS doesn't come up as anything....I'M always open for suggestion.....thanks-geof
geof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 08:26 AM   #46

www.exiss.com

Full URL to the type of trailer I have ---
http://www.exiss.com/Products/Car__M..._trailers.html

Options they offered last year:
-- 24 or 28 foot box
-- 120 VAC package
-- Either no cabinets, upper/lower cabinets, or upper/lower cabinets with external generator compartment.
-- Spare tire (I thought this should be included)

I had the dealer add a 12V battery inside, back up lights on the rear, and a second set of tail/stop lights up higher on the rear.

I added fuel jug racks for eight five gallon jugs, tire mounts inside for my off-road tires, a spare tire mount inside, a rack (from Summit racing) for cans, oil, etc. with fold down table for towel rolls , and I installed some e-track on spacers so I can tie down things and get them off the floor. Oh, and a 20 foot awning on the side ...
SandCarFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 11:21 AM   #47

SandCarFan....I e-mailed them for info ....thanks for the direction....geof
Old 07-23-2003, 09:06 AM   #48

New pics!!! Check out the Gallery!
Old 07-23-2003, 10:34 AM   #49

Patrick ,those are to small! I am not sure if you resized them, but we needed them bigger!!

It does look cool, from what I can see.

Bill

Old 07-23-2003, 11:03 AM   #50

How does one enlarge them?...geof
Old 07-23-2003, 01:32 PM   #51

Drats..that takes for ever too!! Here's a link:
http://www.solidaxle.net/pat_sh/
Old 07-23-2003, 08:36 PM   #52

pat thanks for the enlargment..."my poor old eyes etc"....anyway one question: Since you can't bolt/screw/rivet etc. aluminum to steel because of the "white rust"...what does showhauler do to prevent contact?....geof, who forgot to ask Lonnie that question.....
Old 07-24-2003, 07:48 AM   #53

See the red stripes on the steel? That, I believe, is bonding agent which eliminates rivets or screws and corrosion due to dissimilar metals.
Old 07-24-2003, 08:47 AM   #54

Yes that is a 3M tape designed to attach metal to metal, once it comes in contact with the surface it is not coming off.

I used this to bond my SS to the sides of the RV and you better be sure you have it right the first time or your bumming.

Great photo's Patrick, I think the way you did the cab will make life real nice getting in and out from the motorhome section.

Old 07-24-2003, 11:02 AM   #55

Is that true throughout the coach or just on the sides?....geof
Old 07-28-2003, 12:30 PM   #56

More new pics! These show the 6'8" doorway. The foam insulation goes on the outside, then the skin. The foil/bubblewrap goes on the inside then gets covered by wallboard.

Old 07-28-2003, 07:56 PM   #57

Nice photo's Patrick, looks like a fine rig is being born. Keep the photo's coming to humor some of us want-a-be's
shoepeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2003, 08:31 PM   #58

ya gotta love that tall passage door...I won't tell you the story about stooping over to get from the cab into the box in the used Showhauler that was for sale in Kentucky...Oooops!....anyway great looking truck/Showhauler....what is the inside length of the box?....geof-in Cincinnati
Old 07-29-2003, 06:31 AM   #59

The conversion is a 28'. The cab to axle measurement is 226". The wheelbase is 296". The rear overhang* is 110".

* Overhang is calculated scientifically to take a minimum specified amount of weight off of the front axle, loading the rear bags...making the ride smoooooth, unlike any class a RV. With 200 gallons of H2O weight under the bed I ~should~ have an even better ride.
Old 07-31-2003, 12:36 PM   #60

A few more pics have arrived:
The generator was mistakenly put under my bed. Lonnie at ShowHauler was glad to move it under the dinette...I'll sleep much better at night! For those of you who have never taken a financial ass kicking when selling an RV with the gen. under the bed (not to mention the lack of sleep), trust me don't make this mistake! A private toilet is another must have.