Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community

Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/)
-   Building Your Own (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/f97/)
-   -   A new Showhauler was conceived on 5/20/03! (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/f97/new-showhauler-conceived-5-20-03-a-5327/)

Patrick 08-27-2003 10:06 AM

I have an old 1100 psi electric steam cleaner that the burner is toast on. I plan to mount the motor and pump in a bay for pressure washing the rig and my Jeep. I haven't decided if gravity pressure from the fresh water is enough or if I'd have to hook up a hose from a remote source but pics will follow of this mod and many others.

Warpath 08-27-2003 11:05 AM

Patrick -

I carry a gas powered pressure washer as well, don't think gravity will work. You can easily tie off of the fresh water drain, but it is a small pipe and it takes about 2 hours plus to drain my water tank. (120 gallons I beleive)

I have a outside shower which might work, just need to look at a way to exchange shower head and fitting for pressure washer. I know my water pump can take it (changed the stock whisperking for a Flojet Sensor Pump which my wife let run dry for 5 hours and it still works. This pump is super quiet and only runs at the speed need to supply water requirment. Versus the on/off of the whisperking.

As of yet I have not needed to use the on board water to run the pressure washer, I am sure you will when your out in the boonies.

2003 28' Show Hauler Motorhome on a 1995 FL 120 www.showhauler.com

geof 08-27-2003 12:56 PM

So....how do I get ahold of this Angie?.....geof-in Cincinnati

Patrick 08-27-2003 01:15 PM

Her cell # is 828-381-5589

Business # 1-866-RACETRL

https://www.hickoryinclosed.com

geof 08-27-2003 09:07 PM

Patrick-I talked to Angie this afternoon-I told her about the Valium-I wouldn't recommend it if you have to drive....try SEX..it works much better and doesn't give you a drug hangover of any sort :>)....good luck-she sounds as excited as you are!....geof-Near Cincinnati

geof 08-29-2003 08:53 PM

Did Patrtic make it home yet?....Was anyone able to get that smile off his face?.....inquring minds need to know! geof -near Cincinnati

BillD 08-30-2003 08:37 AM

O bet Patrick is still driving around town and enjoying his new unit....

Bill

Patrick 08-31-2003 07:10 PM

I'm back! 1000 miles, drove 862 of them in one shot without fatigue!! Average MPG 11.2. I averaged 11.6 until I set the cruise at 75 instead of 70. Angie and Jeff at Hickory really went the extra mile to make sure everything was 100%, even had my rear tires balanced. There are many things about the truck and conversion that were far nicer than I had expected. The truck has a 3 stage radar system that notifies you when you are getting close to anything (adjustable up to about 100') which is very nice in crazy traffic. The engine has a 2 gallon reserve oil resevior that is plumbed into the engine. With the flip of a ball valve you can watch oil dispense through the site tube. The TV and VCR/DVD are top notch Toshiba. The stereo is a Sony 52x4 watt. The microwave is a 1200w Dometic. These were all much higher quality than I expected. There is a switch to allow the alternator to charge the coach batteries. The generator has a CAT engine instead of the Kubota I expected. There is an electric element in the hot water tank...didn't expect that. I'm sure I'm forgetting something so I'll have another update soon!!

geof 08-31-2003 09:04 PM

Glad to hear you made it home safely....get some sleep then tell us more....and send soome pix if you get a chance....geof-near Cincinnati

Patrick 09-02-2003 02:08 PM

I've been a busy boy. Check out the pics of my first mod...an automatic fresh water hose reel adapted to fill both 120 gal. tanks simutaneously. Also a pic of the satellite, front bumper stainless trim and fog lights. Click "SHOW ALL" and got to the end.
https://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/equipone@sbcglobal.net

shoepeg 09-02-2003 07:42 PM

Great looking outfit. It really came out nice. I think the inside is super. I was wondering about it when you cut the cab. The colors inside are great. Hope you enjoy to the max.

Warpath 09-03-2003 09:29 AM

It looks great! If you need to dress up the dash, check out iowa80.com

2003 28' Show Hauler Motorhome on a 1995 FL 120 www.showhauler.com

Patrick 09-05-2003 05:39 AM

I started my inverter install today. I found a new in box Xantrex 1200 on ebay. This will be used to power the TV/VCR/DVD, heat tape and satellite. Finding a transfer switch was a ~real~ chore but I have one like this on the way: https://www.krausnaimer.com/0/switch/cat100.htm
I also bought a 9' 18watt heat tape for the drain station that is thermostatically controlled to come on at 38*. I will wire this into the inverter full time as well.

Patrick 09-05-2003 06:49 AM

The Whisperking water pump is noisy as hell and has pathetic flow. I like Warpath have chosen to upgrade. This is the one I picked: https://www.shurflo.com/pages/Marine/...ensor_var.html

geof 09-05-2003 09:05 AM

I have a Surflow on my airboat for the spray bar on the front....it was noisey on the aluminum hall untill I moved it to a 1 inch thick foam pad from an ultra thick carpet padding job-now it is completely silent. The carpet padding is held on with glue and the pump is held on with vinal tape....geof-near Cincinnati

Patrick 09-05-2003 09:42 AM

SH did a great job mounting the water pump under the bed bolted to the floor...it's the pulsation in the lines that makes them all shake that drives me nuts. I have a boat that has the same pump but I like it in it. If I have a water leak I ~REALLY~ WANT TO KNOW!!

Patrick 09-10-2003 03:42 PM

The water pump swap was a sucess! The ShurFlow 5.7 took 15 minutes to install and made a huge difference. Like it says on the box "Pressure like at home". Dead silent too!

Patrick 09-17-2003 02:23 PM

I got my inverter (a $79 Xantrex xPower 1000) wired in. I mounted it in the cargo bin adjacent to the battery box and ran #2 welding cable to the batteries. I then ran 10 ga. romex to the breaker panel (not fun fishing it up the wall)to the circuits for the entertainment related stuff. I put a power strip in the cabinet which turns on the TV,VCR,DVD,Satellite. I also put in a splitter so I can watch satellite/DVD/VCR on the bedroom TV as well. I also wired into the same circuit a thermostatically controlled 8', 18w heat tape. I wrapped it aroung the dump station plumbing followed by a layer of fiberglass insulation, a layer of plastic wrap and a layer of aluminum tape. Now I don't have to worry about frozen plumbing! I'll post pics when I get a chance. Tomorrow my Bigfoot levelers should be here...YAY!

SandCarFan 09-18-2003 09:07 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Patrick:
The water pump swap was a sucess! The ShurFlow 5.7 took 15 minutes to install and made a huge difference. Like it says on the box "Pressure like at home". Dead silent too!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm afraid if it's too quiet, you may have a water leak or a tap not quite shut and just run water ... can you hear a bit of something when it's running?

Patrick 09-19-2003 04:50 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SandCarFan:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Patrick:
The water pump swap was a sucess! The ShurFlow 5.7 took 15 minutes to install and made a huge difference. Like it says on the box "Pressure like at home". Dead silent too!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm afraid if it's too quiet, you may have a water leak or a tap not quite shut and just run water ... can you hear a bit of something when it's running?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not unless the shower is running full blast. Aint it a beautiful thing? No more getting woke up everytime someone uses the potty!