Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 08-09-2012, 09:39 PM   #21

Thanks for posting the pics, the inside looks as first class as the exterior. I am really impressed that you built it for that close to your budget. Looks like you used FRP for the sides? How did you go about fastening it to the studs? and then getting all the trim to seal up? One of my biggest fears with building my own is not being able to get it sealed 100%. Going back and forth with frp vs aluminum siding.

My Harley is just a little too long to fit in sideways, even with a 102 wide body. I am thinking I am going to have to come in from the back which will leave a really long rear overhang, as I want a dropped garage so I can have a bedroom over.

Have you ever scaled it to see what your axle weights are?

Thanks again.

Dave

Dragonslayer140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:20 AM   #22

I used sheet aluminum pre painted for the white and polished aluminum for the bottom ,used sikaflex to fasten every thing . i made sure all seems where tight and sealed well ,no leaks . the truck weighs 36,000 never checked axle weights.The sides are 2"x2" box and the roof and floor are 2"x3" box all 16" on center ,3/4 in plywood on the floor and 5/8 on the roof wanted it to be quiet and solid. My heritage soft tail fits in the garage no problem. I am just like you I wanted a bunk over the garage and wanted to be able to stand up in the garage (alot of measuring) I also put the roof access through the garage
,we use the garage as the mother inlaw bedroom when she goes along I put a/c,heat ,radio and tv in that area
Fro

frodaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:41 PM   #23

Very, Very nice. Great pics. Gives someone a clear ideas of what you start with, what goes on during the build, and what you end up with.

I would be interest to know what the front axle weight is when you're full of fuel and full of water.

Enjoy!
Started looking for 379 Peterbilt TC, 24' to 30' box, bumper pull--but ended up w/1999 Liberty Coach conversion of 45' Prevost XLV bus. 1,000sf heated/AC'd race shop w/dump station, 50amp shore pwr where bus parks, 3 NASCAR/ARCA race cars & 26' Bravo trailer.
#90-GTSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 04:36 AM   #24

I see you used flakeboard on the walls,what did you use to finish over the flake?
daddywoofdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:33 AM   #25

i only used flake (to save a few $$$)where it was going to be covered by a cabinet ,everywhere else i used smooth finish plywood and covered it with a textured wall paper
Old 09-27-2012, 09:45 PM   #26

Smile

heading out again love driving this thing ( 2 motorcycles in side and towing the super duty with the golf cart in the bed)plenty of power
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0587.jpg  
Old 10-05-2012, 09:46 AM   #27

Hey frodaddy,

If you're near Orlando, stop in.

John
407-302-3361
jbeech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:04 PM   #28

Does anyone know a good campgound in the daytona beach area for bike week? Baby Doll doesn't want to stay at the speedway this time to noisy
Thanks Fro
Old 01-19-2013, 12:00 AM   #29

We stayed here our last few trips to Daytona http://www.daytonarvpark.com/

we stayed a week after the Turkey Rod Run the last 2 years, plus a couple of brief stops while passing through. It is a nice new park maybe 3 years old with large sites and plenty of room to get a big rig maneuvered in. They are trying to cater to a high end customer with the big rig rv's, but are truck conversion friendly, particularly during race week, bike week, and the rod run, they ease up the standards a bit as to race trailers and such vs. a traditional rv. They hesitate a bit at our converted race trailer in the "regular" season, but we tell them it is a fifth wheel toy hauler (technically true) and we have not had a problem. Full hookup sites are $39.50, but I know they get a bit more during special event like everybody else in town. Free offsite trailer parking (limited) for car/mc haulers. No tents, rv's only.

Close to the track, about 5-10 minutes away with traffic, just south of Beville on Nova, and maybe 10-15 minutes from Main Street area.
hot rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:30 AM   #30

Anybody heading to the plains states area from the tampa area in the next couple weeks?I'm paying 1500.00 to haul my 24' trailer up to MN,SD,ND.PM me if intrested.
daddywoofdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:46 AM   #31

thanks Hotrod that looks like a nice place I'll give them a call
Old 03-05-2013, 03:04 PM   #32

Default Daytona Bike week

loaded up and ready anyone going to Daytona getting ready to leave to beat this storm
Old 03-05-2013, 11:14 PM   #33

I'm jealous. Grab some wind for me.
hot rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:37 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodaddy View Post
Does anyone know a good campgound in the daytona beach area for bike week? Baby Doll doesn't want to stay at the speedway this time to noisy
Thanks Fro
sorry - just now seeing this, the forum is weird about "new posts" showing up for me (dont know why).

i always (tent) camped at the holiday travel park at i95 & old dixie highway (i95 exit 278) - Holiday Travel Park

it was always fairly quiet during the night & had nice showers etc & the rates were very good.

you can take the back road (old dixie hway) into daytona - it always made for a nice putt thru the tomoka forest/state park.
bushpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:44 PM   #35

Hey, I was just curious, with the rear extended and lowered for the garage, do you have any clearance problems going over speed bumps, or exiting drive ways, etc?
gearhead94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:48 PM   #36

great time good weather, thanks Bush maybe next time I'll try that we stayed at NOVA Campground. About the over hang it does rub on steeper inclines but I installed dumpster style rollers on the back so I would't damage the back end if it does rub
Old 05-16-2013, 07:32 AM   #37

Default O.C. Maryland cruising week

In Ocean City for cruising week
Attached Thumbnails
Image.jpg   IMG_0344.jpg